Honored Contributor

Re: Woman Feeds Hot Cheetos to Monkeys in TX Zoo

[ Edited ]

@Venezia wrote:

@Spurt - I had the same reaction as you.  I honestly thought perhaps we should lock all these morons up in a zoo and let everyone gawk at them and throw them junk food (just for fun).

If they're so keen to bypass every barrier and safety device to pull these stunts, they belong in an enclosure from which there's no escape.  Then we can all enjoy their antics from a safe distance.

Sadly, the stupidity and self-centeredness of some people never surprises me.  I do hope the directors of the zoo stick to their intention to prosecute this woman to the fullest extent of the law.  (And I would like to see the laws made even more punitive.)

@Venezia 

I like your ideas...and yes definitely the Zoo needs to proceed with a lawsuit!!!! Perhaps it would teach other "thrill seekers" a lesson.  And I know how our Zoo is hurting financially right now due to the time they had no attendance during the pandemic lockdown. Right now Zoos dont need the additional expense to add more security measures because of morons like this woman! 😡

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I posted this years and years ago, re: a father who was bouncing his baby above two striped mid-sized tigers. 

Leaning over the cyclone fence barrier, etc. 

When we visited a zoo.  

We (nicely) said that it wasn't a good idea, and he smirked at our comment.

Go figure......

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

p.s.  Those two tigers were sure paying alert attention, looking up at that baby being bounced above them.  

Sort of like teasing the tigers with a baby, imo.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Trusted Contributor

It's stories like this that make me want to release the animals in the zoo and replace them with morons like this.  

Respected Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

So, who's the guy in the white shirt watching her in the pic?  Looks like he is in the enclosure too.  The article says someone in a blue shirt pulled her away.

Idiotic thing to do.  

Looks like he's outside the enclosure.

Honored Contributor

@corita wrote:

So I live in the area and this has been big news!!  All locals are upset and want to be sure that she is duly prosecuted!!  Zoo director is furious.  Now the zoo is having to redesign the monkey area so that no other idiot tries the same stunt!!

@corita I have to give the zoo part of the stupids medals for not making this human proof in the first place.  Now that's negligence!

Esteemed Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@corita wrote:

So I live in the area and this has been big news!!  All locals are upset and want to be sure that she is duly prosecuted!!  Zoo director is furious.  Now the zoo is having to redesign the monkey area so that no other idiot tries the same stunt!!

@corita I have to give the zoo part of the stupids medals for not making this human proof in the first place.  Now that's negligence!

--------------

@Sooner   
     Haven't been to the zoo in ages. But, I read that they are trying to make it one of those zoos where the animals are not so caged; kind of more open/convivial with the zoo visitors. 

This monkey area is surrounded by water. Supposedly

these monkeys don't like water nor swimming. Guess they never thought someone would be so stupid!!  She's lucky that the monkeys didn't gang up on her.....

Esteemed Contributor

Update --  stupid zoo woman was arrested by police and charged with 'criminal trespassing'.  She had been working at a law office and was promptly fired for her dangerous antic. 

But then immediately another 'caring' law office hired her. They stated that her zoo move was done out of the work office, on her own time and she should not have been fired!!

Esteemed Contributor

She did it on her own time, but the "caring" law firm should have realized how stupid the woman is. I guess that fact doesn't bother them. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Esteemed Contributor

The monkeys were brighter than her. If one of the poor creatures bit her they’d put the monkey down. I say put the dumb human down