Super Contributor

Re: ☹️Woman Defaced 7 USA National Parks w Paint & Markers

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

I find nothing hilarious about this situation.  This woman should have gotten jail time for vandalism.   A fine to cover the clean-up of the mess she left would also be in order.

In addition to jail time and a fine to cover costs, she should be mandated to clean them off.  Nothing would p*ss off a "self-proclaimed artist" more than having to remove their own work.

Super Contributor

Re: 😟 Woman Defaced 7 USA National Parks w Paint & Markers

[ Edited ]

@SahmIam wrote:

If you visit her blog, you'll quickly see her sense of entitlement is over the top. THe fact that so many agree with her is equally disturbing.

She was fined (a very small amount)  and sentenced to 200 hours of community service but she laughs about it and claims she'll keep on doing it because "she sees nothing wrong with it". There are quite a few out there who say she got off so easily because she's young, blond and pretty. If it was guy or someone else not fitting her description, the penalty would be much worse (indeed, it has been for the fools who have done this before and were caught).

Sad, sad, sad.

Publicly making her amusement/indifference known, especially her intent to continue, may very well backfire on her.  If whomever prosecuted her were to see this, they could revisit this issue with the judge.

Personally, I hope she wanders into one of the places from which she is banned and is arrested for violation of a court order.  Better yet, I hope she in in possession of art tools when arrested.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Reading this story makes me angry that this woman defaced our National Parks......

I would not only give her jail time but also send her to the parks accompanied by a prison warden, give this graffitist a large bucket of water and cleaner and make her scrub away all her so called "art".......and then clean all the park restrooms with her artist brushes.......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

She probably thinks her art is freedom of expression. I hope she goes to jail.....
Valued Contributor

She thinks she's the next "Banksy." He's the graffiti artist who defaces lots of walls in cities ariound the world.

I think she shoud be sentenced to scrub the graffiti off the restroom walls in all of the national parks!

Frequent Contributor

http://www.denverpost.com/2016/06/14/guilty-defacing-national-parks-rocks/

"... The vandalism, which authorities say happened over a 26-day period in September and October 2014, prompted cleanup at the parks. The sandblasting and chemical stripping used to remove paint can cause even more damage to irreplaceable natural features.

At two parks, Crater Lake in Oregon and Death Valley in California, the cleaning has yet to be completed nearly two years later. Federal prosecutors say how much restitution Nocket will have to pay will be considered at a later hearing.

.... "

She's no "artist." She created damage expensive and time consuming to even try to fix. Smiley Sad 

Trusted Contributor

@colliemom4 wrote:

She is a horrible artist.

Cecilia Giminez, world renowned restoration artist, is probably her mentor. 

☀️...And I think to myself what a Wenderful world.☀️
Honored Contributor

She should be sentenced to at least five years of cleaning up National Parks. 

Every Day, eight hours a day.

Frequent Contributor

@sailor_moon wrote:

@colliemom4 wrote:

Lol. She's the one who defaced a historic fresco, right?

Trusted Contributor

@Verdana wrote:

@sailor_moon wrote:

@colliemom4 wrote:

Lol. She's the one who defaced a historic fresco, right?

Yes, that's her claim to fame.

☀️...And I think to myself what a Wenderful world.☀️