Valued Contributor

Re: Wolfgang's son on with him now on HSN.......any thoughts?

I posted on the kitchen thread that last night when Wolfgang gave him mac & cheese, Oliver said thank you Papa and seemed truly grateful.To call him a brat is very unkind.
Honored Contributor

It was, by far, NOT his first time on tv or in any other public-type presentation scenario.

Valued Contributor

Oliver was just on. He added ingredients to the rice cooker and told how long to cook the food. Then they sent him off stage. He did a great job. Looks like they realized their mistake and corrected it.
Honored Contributor

@AngelLove2 wrote:
Oliver was just on. He added ingredients to the rice cooker and told how long to cook the food. Then they sent him off stage. He did a great job. Looks like they realized their mistake and corrected it.

Maybe the studio had  complaints and they discussed it with him

It's nice to know he did a good job

Valued Contributor

Good grief, some of you are pretty cruel in your remarks about Oliver.  Remember, he's a LITTLE BOY!  I was always pretty strict when it came to my children/grandchildren's behavior, and I thought Oliver acted just fine.

Sure, he was a little on the excited side, to be expected, but did a good job.

Some of you sure know how to take the fun out of holiday programming.

Respected Contributor

I was finally able to catch a glimpse of Oliver late this afternoon demonstrating a rice cooker and relating how he makes certain dishes for his brother.  I thought he was adorable and quite bright.  He's only 11 years old and he's already showing interest in possibly following in his father's footsteps.  Admirable!

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Respected Contributor

I saw that his son was on and turned the channel.  Puck interrupts and speaks over the host as it is and one other time when Oliver was on, the kid was very disruptive and a brat so no way would I watch.

Funny bc at some point during the day I turned back and a testimonial call was on and the woman said how much she enjoys when Oliver is on and I laughed when he said the boy asks him "Papa, do you think ppl like me when I'm on".  Sorry, but no, just no for his kid joining him on the show.

Respected Contributor

@gabstoomuch wrote:

Gosh, you ladies are brutal.. He was not a brat. He was an excited kid that was on TV probably for the first time!

Over-stimulated, sure. But he is only 10 years old. He was very smart, you can tell he cooks with Wolf a lot. Wolf seems like a great Dad, although I always wonder how that man manages to work as hard as he does, and still he makes time to be with his kids a lot!

His restaurants (he just opened a new one in NYC), his online cooking lessons (which need to be taped), his whole kitchenware line....whew. AND two young kids to boot!

I thought Oliver was very bright, and he was just being a kid. if I was Wolf I would have been worried about what he might say LOL. You never know what kids will blurt out. Wolf did a good job of reeling him in when he was talking too much.

Talking too much was probably why he was only on for about 15 minutes. It was hard for the host, Wolf, and the viewers to pay attention. To call a child a brat makes me cringe.

Wolf is not a young man any more. He has bad knees and a bad back from all these years standing in a kitchen, but he doesn't seem to be slowing down. He must have brought his family with him this week-end. He brings them a lot, they just don't come one air.

Must have been a real thrill and treat for Oliver to "work with Dad". Smiley Happy

Oh please give me a break. This is his second family. He has two sons with his first wife who helped build who he is today. Its not like this guy is a single parent trying to survive.

Respected Contributor

I caught one show with Oliver on and I thought he was a delight...a little exciteable...but...after all...he is just a kid...not a trained TV star/actor/salesperson.