Esteemed Contributor

Re: Wolfgang's son on with him now on HSN.......any thoughts?

Did his son inherit the "constant wiping nose gene!!"  

Super Contributor

Or the constant dipping of the fingers into the food gene ???? 😷😷😷😷

@nana59 wrote:

Did his son inherit the "constant wiping nose gene!!"  

Regular Contributor

Interesting kid.  Having worked for many years with children with developmental disabilitites, he reminds me of some I've known who have Aspergers' Syndrome/High Functioning Autism.  Something's up with his social skills, I don't think it's necessarily "being a brat".  (although that could be part of it).  

His dad certainly seems like a person who is difficult to deal with.  His assistant on HSN always seems terrified of him.

Honored Contributor

Sorry I missed it - would have liked to see Oliver.  His mother is Wolf's current and third wife, and he's 11 years old.  I'm sure he's a fine chef like his father.

Esteemed Contributor

@clangle wrote:

Interesting kid.  Having worked for many years with children with developmental disabilitites, he reminds me of some I've known who have Aspergers' Syndrome/High Functioning Autism.  Something's up with his social skills, I don't think it's necessarily "being a brat".  (although that could be part of it).  

His dad certainly seems like a person who is difficult to deal with.  His assistant on HSN always seems terrified of him.

The kids I know with Autism speak out like Oliver did, but they'd talk about things not related to the situation. Oliver was completely on target with his comments. I think he was just a typical  11 year old with 'ants in his pants'!

Valued Contributor

Happened to flip to HSN about the time Oliver sneezed over slices of a pork roast...at least I think that's what it was.    Barely had his hand cupped over his mouth.  The HSN hostess was blabbing on and didn't even notice. She then proceeded to eat pieces of the roast from the platter.  That was all it took for me to flip the channel.  Kid must be just like his dad...no manners.

Trusted Contributor

Gosh, you ladies are brutal.. He was not a brat. He was an excited kid that was on TV probably for the first time!

Over-stimulated, sure. But he is only 10 years old. He was very smart, you can tell he cooks with Wolf a lot. Wolf seems like a great Dad, although I always wonder how that man manages to work as hard as he does, and still he makes time to be with his kids a lot!

His restaurants (he just opened a new one in NYC), his online cooking lessons (which need to be taped), his whole kitchenware line....whew. AND two young kids to boot!

I thought Oliver was very bright, and he was just being a kid. if I was Wolf I would have been worried about what he might say LOL. You never know what kids will blurt out. Wolf did a good job of reeling him in when he was talking too much.

Talking too much was probably why he was only on for about 15 minutes. It was hard for the host, Wolf, and the viewers to pay attention. To call a child a brat makes me cringe.

Wolf is not a young man any more. He has bad knees and a bad back from all these years standing in a kitchen, but he doesn't seem to be slowing down. He must have brought his family with him this week-end. He brings them a lot, they just don't come one air.

Must have been a real thrill and treat for Oliver to "work with Dad". Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

What was the point of having the kid with Puck on a sale's pitch? 

Anyway, I don't watch Wolfgang Puck shows, so no, I can't say anything about his son.  What really bugs me is the way Puck handles and destroys food -- very unappetizing.  Makes me wonder how he ever became a world class chef.  I simply can't watch him.

Esteemed Contributor

@gabstoomuch wrote:

Gosh, you ladies are brutal.. He was not a brat. He was an excited kid that was on TV probably for the first time!

Over-stimulated, sure. But he is only 10 years old. He was very smart, you can tell he cooks with Wolf a lot. Wolf seems like a great Dad, although I always wonder how that man manages to work as hard as he does, and still he makes time to be with his kids a lot!

His restaurants (he just opened a new one in NYC), his online cooking lessons (which need to be taped), his whole kitchenware line....whew. AND two young kids to boot!

I thought Oliver was very bright, and he was just being a kid. if I was Wolf I would have been worried about what he might say LOL. You never know what kids will blurt out. Wolf did a good job of reeling him in when he was talking too much.

Talking too much was probably why he was only on for about 15 minutes. It was hard for the host, Wolf, and the viewers to pay attention. To call a child a brat makes me cringe.

Wolf is not a young man any more. He has bad knees and a bad back from all these years standing in a kitchen, but he doesn't seem to be slowing down. He must have brought his family with him this week-end. He brings them a lot, they just don't come one air.

Must have been a real thrill and treat for Oliver to "work with Dad". Smiley Happy

@gabstoomuch I'm taking your word for this.  

Respected Contributor

@Sue98 wrote:

Is anyone else watching?

I watched yesterday and his son was very talkative & Wolf had to quiet him down. I do like his products but I don't like the way he will let some hosts take a bite and others not so much lol