Respected Contributor

Re: With all this talk of Thanksgiving food...

Usually, there's ham in addition to turkey. So, scrambled eggs with ham and cheese is an absolute must for breakfast. For lunch, I look forward to a turkey sandwich (white meat only) with mayo and mustard on whole wheat bread. Then dinner is leftovers.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have my usual breakfast the day after Thanksgiving, but that is the day I usually make my absolutely favorite leftover dish:  the turkey soup, with much of it frozen for later lunches and light dinners.  Yum!

Honored Contributor

Same thing I drink every morning; a protein drink. I don't deviate from it, ever.

Respected Contributor

@BirdieGal wrote:

And by the way, DROOL!

What do you eat, in the morning, the day after Thanksgiving?

My thing is a small sandwich. Like a quarter Sammy. 5 seed bread, or potato is good too. Butter on bread. Pieces of leftover dark meat. Lettuce and a piece of cheese. Salt and pepper. 

Don’t GET in my way the morning after!

DH likes an everything sandwich for lunch. Bread, shingle ...he doesn’t care. Turkey, cranberry sauce, yams, gravy, all of it. 

Noooo. Nope. 

You lost me with "Sammy" and "shingle." ??

Trusted Contributor

@libbyannE

”Sammy” is sandwich. When I said shingle, I meant DH could eat his leftover Thanksgiving sandwich on a roof shingle, cardboard, a flip flop...he wouldn’t care.

Trusted Contributor

We nibble...a little of this...a little of that...all leftovers!

Usually we each just reach in the fridge and pull out whatever we want. A slice of ham, a spoonful of potato salad, some baked hominy and cheese casserole reheated in the microwave, a little lime jello salad, a popover or some date nut bread, a sliver of pumpkin pie....

We always put up our XMAS decorations that Friday so lunch is a turkey sandwich (white meat, mayo, lettuce on white bread toast) with some more leftovers including cranberry sauce...

And then dinner is ... more leftovers....including dressing and gravy.

Absolutely adore Thanksgiving weekend!!

Honored Contributor

Breakfast would be a piece of pumpkin pie because I would have already had a late night snack of a turkey sandwich on white bread with Best Foods mayo.  

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

Shredded wheat and Metamucil. Don't want all that fat in my bloodstream.

Don't want to make those heart Dr.'s any richer. LOL

@SharkEThe red appliance queen eats shredded wheat and Metamucil on Thanksgiving?  I dont believe it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I'm thinking of making a big casserole dish of pumpkin pie; no crust, skim evaporated milk, sweetened with Splenda, as a breakfast food.  I get very tired of the same old stuff every morning and I dearly love pumpkin.  What could be more healthy than eggs, milk and pumpkin?

I buy various pumpkin pies during “the season” from Oct through New Years and I never eat the crust. I will enjoy it morning, noon and night. 

I used to do the same thing with lemon meringue pie - no crust, no meringue, just a recipe for the filling, cooked on the stove and cooled.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

For many years when my daughters were little I would go out shopping very early the day after Thanksgiving.  My treat after getting my shopping done was stopping at Harry and David and buying some Moose Munch and that would be my breakfast.