QVC Customer Care

Re: With School Closures Who Watches The Kids?

This post has been removed by QVC because the guidelines request only in English

Respected Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

@magicmoodz wrote:

I know it's cliche but "it takes a village..."

Maybe parents, families, friends and neighbors need to rally together and figure out how to make it happen. If each parent takes a day of vacation one day a week to watch a group of children it seems as if it could be a solution to the problem.

While I hate the "it takes a village" mentality, you may have a solution.  I don't want neighbors or the schools "raising" my child, but this is day care we are talking about.  I think it is a good idea if you know enough people to organize this. Maybe churches could offer up a temporary day care.

The next thing is - do you trust your child with the people that they would be left with?

I am glad I don't have to worry about this anymore.  

I agree - when I first retired I wanted to take a break before working again.  My sister had a good friend who babysat and she was great with the kids.  During sitter's vacation or holidays that she didn't work I'd watch the kids.  I know that when she interviewed babysitters she said she walked out of a few interviews with a bad vibe and those were immediately crossed off the list

Honored Contributor

I think that health care facilities should be arranging for daycare for workers. These people working is mandatory, can not be done from home. I hope this is addressed quickly. 

Honored Contributor

One thing that does concern me is that some children might inadvertantly end up in care of someone who is some way not fitted for that role. I certainly don't blame the parents, though, because these are extremely dire times.

I hope all remain safe.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland