Respected Contributor

Re: Wisteria Lane Welcomes Us...

@deja vu   Glad to help!

I hope lots more people will sign up and join us over there.

You'll figure everything out in no time. It's not hard, just different than what we're used to here.

Respected Contributor

I'm on Facebook, but I have ZERO interest in joining QVC's group. As others have said, it's nothing but a push to buy their products.

The HSN forums have always been very quiet. I imagine in time they'll do away with them, too.

I'll stick to Wisteria Lane on Delphi forums. Bunnydoodles (the moderator) is a sweetheart and has welcomed all the QVC posters. She's also open to new ideas and changes to make us feel more at home over there.

I was able to change my old Delphi nickname to the one I use on here. The only difference now is that I capitalized my name, LMT.

Honored Contributor

I just deleted my profile/account on Delphi Forums.  It is too cluttered and the add on things on the moderators posts made everything look too busy and it looked like we were just in with everyone else and they have to review each time you post something. 

Not the forum for me so I closed my account.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Trusted Contributor

@gidgetgh   I agree... it gave me anxiety with all the clutter...DW

Trusted Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

I just deleted my profile/account on Delphi Forums.  It is too cluttered and the add on things on the moderators posts made everything look too busy and it looked like we were just in with everyone else and they have to review each time you post something. 

I'm sorry that you felt that way, but I certainly understand that not everything is for everyone. Smiley Happy

Of course you'd be posting with members there who were already Delphi members, but for the most part those same members post here as well. Smiley Wink

Not every post has to be approved by a moderator when you start to post there. The moderators there may hold back the first few posts of new members who post there, just due to spamming issues as a precaution. 

Wherever you go, I wish you all of the very best. Heart

I have enjoyed reading your posts over the years, and I'm so sorry for everything that you've been through recently.

I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers, with thoughts of loving friendship for you. Heart

Honored Contributor

@Toppers3 wrote:

@gidgetgh wrote:

I'm sorry that you felt that way, but I certainly understand that not everything is for everyone. Smiley Happy

Of course you'd be posting with members there who were already Delphi members, but for the most part those same members post here as well. Smiley Wink

Not every post has to be approved by a moderator when you start to post there. The moderators there may hold back the first few posts of new members who post there, just due to spamming issues as a precaution. 

I have enjoyed reading your posts over the years, and I'm so sorry for everything that you've been through recently.

I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers, with thoughts of loving friendship for you. Heart

@Toppers3 - thanks so much for your post.  I actually have registered for the group at Pro Boards and I think that format will work really well.  It's my intention to stay with as many of us as possible. I love posting with everyone.

I sincerely appreciate your kind comments. I got choked up a little. I've been struggling some (I knew the grief would be bad but it's been tough, coupled with so much alone time because of this %#@$& pandemic), trying to find my way again and appreciate that a virtual stranger took the time to say nice things to me.  It made my day.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

You start at Delphi Forums then what?
Respected Contributor

Is Wisteria Lane the name of the forum? Then what?
Trusted Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

@Toppers3 wrote:

@gidgetgh wrote:

@Toppers3 - thanks so much for your post.  I actually have registered for the group at Pro Boards and I think that format will work really well.  It's my intention to stay with as many of us as possible. I love posting with everyone.

I sincerely appreciate your kind comments. I got choked up a little. I've been struggling some (I knew the grief would be bad but it's been tough, coupled with so much alone time because of this %#@$& pandemic), trying to find my way again and appreciate that a virtual stranger took the time to say nice things to me.  It made my day.

Hi @gidgetgh ,

Thanks for your really sweet comments, too. Heart

I personally think that we can all really get to know eah other's personalities quite well after posting with each other for so long together you know?

Forums can get to be like large families, I think. Belonging to them has always been really important to me.

It always hurts me and bothers me when someone else doesn't understand their importance to those of us who post on them, and that person tries to make light of them by saying something like, "They're not real, the people on them don't exist, etc."

Well, when you get a card in the mail or e-mails or photos from those same people, they must exist somewhere, you know? Smiley Wink Smiley Very Happy

I'll see where else I end up, too. 

Thanks again for your response. Heart

Esteemed Contributor

Wisteria Lane!! Desperate Housewives was one of my favorites. Would this be anything like the ladies on Wisteria Lane. I loved them.

Anyway, I've decided to go with q forum friends at Proboard. A lot of the QVC Posters are there.