Honored Contributor

Wish we had trees like this this

[ Edited ]

This is a Jacaranda tree.  It's gorgeous!  It seems to grow in any place that is warm most of the year.  We just have very dull looking trees.  And most of them are invasive trashy Silver Maple trees.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Wish we had trees like this this

Jacaranda trees grow where I live in southern CA.  They do have a pretty bloom during the spring, but they're rather ordinary-looking the rest of the year, and they grow rather tall.  

Respected Contributor

Spectacular. In Brooklyn we have a lovely assortment:

cherry, magnolia, Japanese maple,oak, elm, white ash, plum, pear,  willow ( though illegal now since their root system destroys sidewalks), etc. 

Honored Contributor

@songbird,

Absolutely beautiful,

https://www.picgifs.com/graphics/w/wow/graphics-wow-845925.gif

Occasional Contributor

Yes, they are very beautiful. We had 2 in our front yard at our last house...they make a sticky mess on the cars tho.

Honored Contributor

@IMW wrote:

cherry, magnolia, Japanese maple,oak, elm, white ash, plum, pear,  willow ( though illegal now since their root system destroys sidewalks), etc. 

I didn't know magnolia trees grow in New York.  I always assumed they were a Southern state tree.

Honored Contributor

@chattycathi wrote:

Yes, they are very beautiful. We had 2 in our front yard at our last house...they make a sticky mess on the cars tho.

lovely to look at... just not in my yard please!

Valued Contributor

@songbird wrote:

@IMW wrote:

I didn't know magnolia trees grow in New York.  I always assumed they were a Southern state tree.

They grow everywhere. I see them on the West Coast, from California up into rainy Oregon. They are beautiful!

Honored Contributor

That’s the first time I’ve heard of the Jacaranda tree. Absolutely stunning. Thanks for posting @songbird

Esteemed Contributor

I’m a purple girl.Love it!!