Honored Contributor

Beginning Tomorrow

1. Take a COVID-19 viral test within the two weeks prior to the start of the semester (August 27) and report the result;
  2. Complete daily online symptom monitoring beginning two weeks prior to their arrival on campus or the start of the semester on August 27 (whichever is sooner); and
  3. Complete an online health and safety training module.

I don't actually start on campus till the Sept 14  All this trouble just to go back to work.  

Honored Contributor

@songbird All this "trouble" could save your life or someone else's.

Honored Contributor

Do you feel improvements could be made to this procedure?

Honored Contributor

Good luck @songbird! Our next door neighbor left yesterday for her freshman year. DS' good friend is in her senior year at a major university - on campus. She was hoping to be able to do most of her work online. DS graduated last year, and until this all started worked on campus doing scientific research. 

I have a lot of friends in your situation, and a lot doing online classes. I'm now in my second career, but the community college I taught for is online only as of now. 

I will be thinking of you!  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@songbird  My son works in the manufacturing industry, and this is similar to his protocol. I'm sure your students will appreciate you being there for them - and safely!

Honored Contributor

Personally I feel the test within two weeks prior to the start is just a waste of time and money unless you are going to quarantine like a hermit until the start of the semester.

Respected Contributor

Oh dear. If you consider this "trouble", don't ever become a health care provider.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

@Peache.s McPhee I agree 100%

Honored Contributor

@songbird wrote:

Beginning Tomorrow

1. Take a COVID-19 viral test within the two weeks prior to the start of the semester (August 27) and report the result;
  2. Complete daily online symptom monitoring beginning two weeks prior to their arrival on campus or the start of the semester on August 27 (whichever is sooner); and
  3. Complete an online health and safety training module.

I don't actually start on campus till the Sept 14  All this trouble just to go back to work.  

Good luck! I hope it all goes really smoothly for you.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@beach-mom  Thanks!   I took online classes when I was in college.  I took two of them.  My sister and brother did also.  I enjoyed it.  The school required you to be on campus Freshman year and at least 50% of the time in order to graduate.  We'll just have the Freshmen on campus till Thanksgiving break.  Freshmen more then any other year need to be on campus in the beginning.  

I'll only be on campus a couple of hours three times a week. I'll still be doing research online though as I usually do in the mornings.  We'll be  isolated from the public when we are on campus.  Since I'll be physically there, I still have to be protected & understand the risks.  I think ths pandemic will be continuing well in to 2022.