Honored Contributor

Wish Shippers Would Give Options on Shipping All Together

I have recently had places like Sam's and Walmart and others shipping things out one at a time.  

Such as a box of vanilla wafers by itself.  A box of cookies.  A sack of flour.  And on and on.  I wish they would give me an option not to ship everything piece by piece.  They didn't used to do that so much.  

What a waste of human effort and materials to do this.

Honored Contributor

Re: Wish Shippers Would Give Options on Shipping All Together

Big retailers have multiple warehouses.  Your items were probably available and shipped from varied locations.  It's certainly not to their advantage to ship them separately otherwise.  I sometimes wonder how they make a profit.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Big retailers have multiple warehouses.  Your items were probably available and shipped from varied locations.  It's certainly not to their advantage to ship them separately otherwise.  I sometimes wonder how they make a profit.

@Kachina624 I wondered about that too but a box of vanilla wafers?  Really?  Are there consumers out there desperate for vanilla wafers?  Woman Frustrated

Honored Contributor

Walmart began doing this during the Covid-19 online ordering rush.  I used to get everything in one box from a warehouse in Ohio.  

I think it's because warehouses are selling out quickly, so they look around for others who might have it.  I even have been receiving some things delivered by my local store.  

It's not to Walmart's and Sam's advantage to do this.

Honored Contributor

Last week I placed an order for multiple items from Amazon.  I had the option to wait and have everything delivered on 1 day to save on packaging, etc.  Despite the fact that I checked the box to wait for everything to be delivered at once, everything was delivered separately.  It was beyond ridiculous.

Honored Contributor

I ordered some mustard from Amazon that is shipping in one box. I tried to order a few items together because Pantry is now gone but it reverted to one item at a time. So I understand and agree with you @Sooner .

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

I ordered some mustard from Amazon that is shipping in one box. I tried to order a few items together because Pantry is now gone but it reverted to one item at a time. So I understand and agree with you @Sooner .

@Trinity11 Amazon has done away with Pantry?  Just curious.  I've never used it as I rarely order food items from Amazon.  I'm not sure I even understood Pantry.

Honored Contributor

It's all such a waste and I'm so tired of having to look for packages I'm not expecting.  All day and night and it is sad people have to work harder, but maybe it's more jobs.  Woman Frustrated

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Trinity11 Amazon has done away with Pantry?  Just curious.  I've never used it as I rarely order food items from Amazon.  I'm not sure I even understood Pantry.

Yes @Icegoddess . No more Pantry. One less plus of having Prime.

Honored Contributor

Update:  Got my orders today!  One big box had the box of vanilla wafers.  Another had 2 boxes of cereal.  Another had 4 bath wash things for sensitive skin.  

Then there was a box of toilet paper.  And a box with a book.  And a box with detergent.  All from either Sam's or Walmart.

Nearly had to call 911 when husband saw the front porch.  He said did I order a car?