Respected Contributor

Re: Wish I was in California today

[ Edited ]

Guess I'm in the minority. No way would I live in California, too congested, poor air quality, mudslides, wild fires, earthquakes. 

Too many govenment regulations.

I would still be in Minnesota if it wasn't for the long winters. I have no problem with the cold, just got tired of dealing with snow.

Esteemed Contributor

Born in Duluth-Got out when I was 20. California over 50 years. staying to I die. Come on down. Would like the company.

Honored Contributor

Eee gad!! I would NEVER want to be in California any old day!!

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

@qualitygal , I wish you were too! I’ve lived in CA. all my life, the last 20 years in San Diego. While our State has problems/issues, as most other states do, I wouldn’t live anywhere else! The weather today is cool, overcast, with a slight chance of rain. We’re warming up to the 70’s later in the week. IMO, the good outweighs the bad...we feel blessed!

~H~
Respected Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

That's ok. I would never want to be in Michigan. Too cold. Too much snow. Too short a warm season. 

Thank goodness we have choices where we choose to live and visit

Honored Contributor

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

@ID2 wrote:

That's ok. I would never want to be in Michigan. Too cold. Too much snow. Too short a warm season. 

Thank goodness we have choices where we choose to live and visit

@Ms tyrion2 .  Agree with you 100%!

Respected Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

The last time I was in California there was an earthquake that started in the next town over.  I was on a plane back home the next morning & never looked back. Have not been back since.

I started singing: I’m goin back to Cali Cali Cali I’m going back to Cali I don’t think so! 🤣

Respected Contributor

Hard to pick which way to go..........stop just wishing!

Image result for california best

Honored Contributor

I was born in Pasadena.  Three great-grandparents, two sets of grandparents and many cousins lived there.  Both of my parents were raised there.  We moved to the beach in Orange County when I was in third grade.  We were surrounded by orange groves, strawberry fields, etc.  Nothing smells better than orange blossoms.  I loved it there but too many people moved there from other states and it became very crowded so in 1991 I moved on to the Seattle area and ironically that is happening here now.  At least I have never lived in a depressed area! lol

I still miss some aspects of Los Angeles (Hollywood Bowl, Greek Theater, shopping) still and the weather in January!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@qualitygal 

Beautiful weather here the last few days. As for California? Not a place that I ever plan on being.

hckynut

hckynut(john)