Super Contributor

Re: Wish I was in California today

@qualitygal 

it’s raining and hailing here in sunny Northern California for the last two hours. 

yesterday and early this morning it was sevent-five degrees, now it’s cold and not so sunny.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

image.gifhttps://media.giphy.com/media/WYO1whD0pRD0Y/giphy.gifI always wanted to live in California like Janet and Chrissy.😁It says they “lived” in Santa Monica.

Frequent Contributor

I completely agree with you, I have lived in So Cal all my life and recently spent the winter in Minnesota and it was truly the most terrifying time of my life. Driving during snow storms which you do have to do to get to work is extremely dangerous and not just for newcomers, I saw more accidents and people in ditches and they have lived in Minnesota their whole lives. It’s truly dangerous to be outside for more than a few minutes during the winter. And the ****** layers you have to wear is miserable. I missed my sandals year round and sun 95% of the time, try 95% clouds, ugh, not fun. In CA all you need is one wardrobe, not two. And it turns out Minnesota is just as expensive, homes same cost, you get more land but the homes same size, same price, and in the city more expensive so CA is not as expensive as people may think. 

Honored Contributor

@Pqfan wrote:

image.gifhttps://media.giphy.com/media/WYO1whD0pRD0Y/giphy.gifI always wanted to live in California like Janet and Chrissy.😁It says they “lived” in Santa Monica.

Shoekitty said

i swear that looks like Venice Beach they are  walking through. Venice Beach used to be the low end during the 50's and 60's and 70's.  Artists mainly.  It is so beautiful now, with multimillion dollar lofts and homes lining the canal. 

Esteemed Contributor

I have family in Gilroy.

And I have family outside Phoenix - I call that "the land of the relentless sun".

I'll take VA.  It's pretty and the scenery is varied.  I do love me a good cowboy, and we don't have 'em here like there, but I wear the hat well.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 

Yes, my great grandfather settled in San Juan Capistrano, And received a land grant there.  When California became a state a few years later he was issued a deed.  When you think of it California as a state isn't that old.  Not like back East!,,,

i live south of Silicon Valley now.  One thing I miss is the orchards!  Most gone now. I remember from high up over San Jose, near los Gatos you could see blossoms for 25 miles in any direction.  Just a sea of white and pink.  The valley of hearts delight they ised to call it.  But you being from SoCal I bet you remember the orange orchards!  Oh the smell at night from the blossoms.  

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@qualitygal 

Funny, what I liked about (Northern) California was the rain and fog.

Left in '95 and moved to New Mexico.  If you really like sunny... come on down.

@just bee. @qualitygal.   Amen!   And no smog, earthquakes, traffic gridlock, hoards of people.  Just clear blue, cloudless skies most of the time.

My sister lives there (in Belen) and hates it.  They came there on the advise of someone.  Now they're stuck there.  She has no job.  They sit on 5 acres of barren desert in a tiny rancher.  A horse barn with no horse. Outside of Santa Fe (where the Hollywood elite live) there's not much.  A high bleak desert.  It wasn't much fun visiting her.

Valued Contributor

Space Coast Florida here.  Hellacious rain and high winds yesterday (Friday).  Today's high was 79 degrees, mild winds and an amazingly low 31% humidity and loaded with sunshine.  Perfect, Florida day.  Wishing you all the same.  LuLu

Respected Contributor

@qualitygal 

Move over as N.M. is the new retirement community followed by Fla. and Az. according to the news.

Honored Contributor

@Gorgf wrote:

@qualitygal 

Move over as N.M. is the new retirement community followed by Fla. and Az. according to the news.

@Gorgf 

I also saw that and was surprised we finally made number one on a "good" list. Woman Wink

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~