Honored Contributor

Re: Wish I was in California today

@haddon9 wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@haddon9 wrote:

Last time I was in  CA we attended a summerwedding and spent 5 days there in Napa.  It was quite chilly!  A mix of sun & clounds but only warm for a day or two.  I just came back from Florida...that's warm and sunny which is most of the time!

@haddon9   Napa is way up North, but in my area, it is a very hot summer that we have, and soon, it will be seventies-eighties until Fall.

@mousiegirl   I was surprised at just how cold it was but we had plenty of wine to warm us up! Smiley Happy

@haddon9   I remember this about Napa, lol.  The weather in Caliufoirnia has changed so much since I was a child, it used to be consistent so we would know that a particular month would be a particular degree of weather, not anymore, now we never know so I follow Acuweather daily to see what is what.

Valued Contributor

@Desertdi  And that's cold for now Lol!, Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

I live in SoCal and would have to be carted out against my will. ICertainly we have overcast days like today. But on average, we have a very temperate climate that lends itself to being outside all year long. It is only rarely that I can't take my exercise walk.

I would have trouble adjusting to the high humidity that others suffer through in summers and the often beautiful but tedious and limiting snow storms some have in the winter.

We have the occasional disasters for sure, but we don't have yearly tornados, hurricanes, and blizzard conditions (except for occasionally in the mountains.)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

It's overcast and chilly in So. Cal. Although, it is toasty in the Palm Springs area.  Warm up not expected until Tuesday.

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal 

my s/o is in southern california near the beaches.

we are warmer here at the delaware beaches today with 70 degrees and partly sunny.

he is complaining how cold it is and cloudy with 59 degrees there.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

As long as it's like the day, we visited many years ago.  Warm and sunny.

I's been cloudy too long many days lately for me.

@qualitygal 

I'm with you, love California. ☀️ sun and ocean. We're  having a lousy cold rain pre-Easter day today in Michigan 👎🏼

Makes sense that the majority of rich ppl that can afford to live there, choose California to call home. 

⚓️
Respected Contributor

I've been to California many times and it has a huge variety of sites to visit.  However, it is a state plagued with serious issues: recovering from devastating fires and floods, immigration, housing costs, gasoline prices, the threat of the earthquakes predicted...we could never afford to live there because of the cost-of-living...fun place to visit though.

Respected Contributor

California is a beautiful place. I love SoCal for the beaches and the foliage. I love the San Francisco area for the architecture, the food and the diversity.

I love California in general for the forward thinking, innovative culture. 

I'm in the Phoenix area and it is gloriously warm here. 95 yesterday and I'm loving it. The desert is giving us quite a show this spring due to all the winter rain. My town is positively lush right now.

Honored Contributor

lived in southern California for 7 years (in 70's80's). loved it there hated the santa ana winds.

anyway, we moved here there and everywhere now on east coast. just saw the 7 day projected outlook for our east coast area. NO SUN FOR NEXT WEEK. mix of clouds peaks of sun with chance of rain 50% or greater every day.

anyday I can get sun is nice.

Trusted Contributor

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

California is a beautiful place. I love SoCal for the beaches and the foliage. I love the San Francisco area for the architecture, the food and the diversity.

I love California in general for the forward thinking, innovative culture. 

I'm in the Phoenix area and it is gloriously warm here. 95 yesterday and I'm loving it. The desert is giving us quite a show this spring due to all the winter rain. My town is positively lush right now.

Hi @Ms tyrion2 

Agree with everything you said 😊

95 is too warm for me, but I'll take it over our cold high of 42 today. I can't do the heat like that, zaps my energy but I know I'm in the minority on that, lol. 

I wish we could count on just half the year on nice beautiful weather but in all honesty we only get about 3 mos of truly glorious days. 

⚓️