Respected Contributor

Re: Wish I Could Be Happy On My Birthday Today

May you be happy every day!

Esteemed Contributor

Try turning 80 and being alone.  Be thankful for everyday above ground.  I would give anything  to be your age again when life was full with family and bones didn,t hurt.  I am fortunate to still move volunteer and exercise.  I am fortunate for my little furry baby and my cat.  My  dog MELANIE and I go almost every where together. She is my true best friend.

Respected Contributor

I can sympathize with you. I have been there and done that. My parents needed a lot of help from me. They were 95 and 99 when they passed. I will be 74 tomorrow. I have a terrible cold. My birthday will not be what I hoped for. Next week I hope to feel better. By the way I have a bi polar son. My dear mother used to say we weren't put here to be happy all the time. How true. So enjoy the good things for they are there. As my grandson would say happy to you.

Regular Contributor

@angel8 wrote:

Hello Everyone! I turn the whopping 52 today, but struggle to be happy. The weather makes it impossible to do anything and I suppose watching my mother's health fail is dragging down my spirits. I've been caring for her for 20 years since my dad died and the last few years she has been in a facility. I spend a lot of time there to make sure her care is the best. I feel like I will be an orphan soon. As most women I give before I think about myself. I love her dearly and it's painful watching her decline. 

If you lovely people could send some kind words, it would truly make my day! Blessing to all!!! 

I hope you're feeling better now @angel8. Smiley Happy