Super Contributor

Re: Wish I Could Be Happy On My Birthday Today

Happy Birthday.  You are blessed with another year and be hopeful for many more birthdays to come.

If Our confidence is found in Christ, We will not be swayed by our circumstances. True contentment is based on a person, and not on what's going on around us. -Charles F. Stanley.

God bless you.

Respected Contributor

Angel 8, after reading these posts, you will have spent time with lovely, caring, wise, and beautiful people.  What a wonderful experience for you to have on your birthday!  They all posted because they cared about YOU!  You are special and lucky to have these wonderful friends!!!  Happy Birthday!

Honored Contributor

@fortune wrote:

Angel 8, after reading these posts, you will have spent time with lovely, caring, wise, and beautiful people.  What a wonderful experience for you to have on your birthday!  They all posted because they cared about YOU!  You are special and lucky to have these wonderful friends!!!  Happy Birthday!

I couldn't have said this any better. Happy Birthday!🎂🎈🎉

image.jpeg

~H~
Esteemed Contributor

To Life !

I hope you can find your bliss and peace.Heart

Super Contributor

Valued Contributor

Happy Birthday Angel.  I hope you are able to do some things for YOU.  To take care of your mom, you have to first take care of yourself.  Blessings to such a kind daughter!

Super Contributor

IG, I will be contacting you on my next birthday!!!

The thing that gives life its greatest significance is the capacity to care
Super Contributor

Angel8, I hope that all of the warm, kind, and loving wishes shared with you on your birthday brings you some happiness and peace.  You have been special to many people here.

The thing that gives life its greatest significance is the capacity to care
Honored Contributor

Like someone said about another post, different subject, etc, "I wish I hadn't clicked on this".

Everyone has ****** in their life.  I know someone on here who is also taking care of her Mother.  It's just her and her Mother.  She needs to keep an eye on her Mom all of the time.

She and I email each other.  She never complains, and for the record I don't think you are either.  You are just sad.  We all get sad.

Not long before my 58th birthday my beloved husband dropped dead.  No warning, never been sick, still don't know the cause.  I heard him fall, ran to him, did CPR, nothing.  He was gone.

I decided right then and there if I was going to be sad for the rest of what life I had or if I was going to wake up each day and at least be thankful for my life.

That's what you need to do.  Your birthday is one day, 24 hours, just like Christmas, Valentine's Day and so on.  After 24 hours it's gone, pfffttt, gone.  You start a new day.

It is up to you to make changes in your life.  I think you really want to make changes, but (like so many of us (hey! include me) we don't always know how to do it or have the energy to do it.

So, my advice (for what it's worth, which is zip) is to sit down and make a list of the pluses in your life.  My guess is there are probably some of them.  I wish I wasn't an orphan.  Yes, I'm 70 but I'm still an orphan.  My Dad died when I was 16 and my Mom died many years ago.  I never lived with her, but we became friends (another change I chose to make).

I think you just need someone to help you make some changes for the next year to come.  There are people out there that can and would love to help you make changes.  You just have to look around.

Join a church if you don't already belong to one.  If your Mom can't go, find someone to stay with her for a few hours.  Go be amongst other people.  They will lift you up!

Remember, the majority of people in this world are good people.  They really want to help others.

Just look here at all of the wonderful people who don't even know you but want to help you feel good.  Look around, open your heart and open your eyes.

Before anyone can cheer you up, you must help yourself.  By doing that you will be helping your Mom and others also.

Jacque, the QVC host who hasn't been here for awhile just posted the most amazing video (thanks to whomever showed it to us) and she said she'd been taking the time to heal herself.  She didn't go into detail, no need for that.  We who care about her and others are just happy she's getting better.

What Jacque said made so much sense.  She said, "Like they say on airplanes when oxygen is needed.....first you put the mask on yourself so you might help others".  Makes sense and that's what you need to do.

Now you've come on here and asked for others to help you feel better.  I hope more than anything you come back in a few days and days after that and keep telling us how you've made changes in your life that will ensure that your next birthday you will awaken and repeat these words.  I repeat them often and I've taught my 3 (now adult daughters to repeat them):

"Today is a gift from GOD.  He has given me 24 hours to use as I wish.  When the day is done, I hope that i will not regret how I spent those 24 hours"  ALSO, 

This post from me comes from love to you.

EVERY DAY ABOVE GROUND IS A GOOD DAY!!

Valued Contributor

You have received several good responses.  I hearted those I strongly agree with.  

Years ago, I could probably have written your post.  I felt things- external situations -controlled my happiness.  I have lived a good portion of my life feeling that way.  Looking back, I wish I had known then what I KNOW now.

As Annabelle and several others mentioned, YOU are in charge of your happiness.  Choose to be happy.  Start each day, each breath, each moment, with Gratitude.  Be grateful for everything you have, including a mother who is still with you. ( I cared for my mother my whole life until she died a year or so ago.)  I was told this for years and should have followed this advice.  Because it is true and it truly works.  Choosing Gratitude and Happiness is life changing.

We we all have ***t.  It is up to us what we do with it.  There are several good books I can point you to, if you are interested.  I wish you all the best.