Frequent Contributor

A22D899A-F2F5-442E-B87A-8D06532B9688.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Very pretty but what plateau?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

That is pretty.

Honored Contributor

Middle TN, where I live, is on a plateau. Not usre if the picture is from TN.

We've had a thick cover of ice over everything here, and then snow on top of that. We had to hack our mailbox open ths morning. Literally chip at the ice for a while until it gave. I don't know if USPS is delivering today. Don't blame them if they don't, but I don't want them to struggle with ours if they do try to deliver. Garbage service did not come today. Don't blame them for that. No school.

No blackouts here at this point. We get ice storms/dangerous freezing rain most winters, just not quite this bad or temps this low for this long. The main concern is downed power lines because of the weight of the ice.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Frequent Contributor

Cumberland Plateu Tenn

Frequent Contributor

Cumberland plateau Tenn

Honored Contributor

@Mi47   @Porcelain    I lived in Oak Ridge as a child at the edge of a wooded area.  There would be ice storms and the tree limbs would crack all night.  Our dog, a sensitive collie, would go nuts. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Mi47 and @Kachina624 Yay for the Cumberland Plateau!

Boo to the ice storms in the winter. But at least they can be pretty. And usually they go away pretty quickly.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr