Respected Contributor

Never realized how many celebraties, chefs, clothing designers, etc are selling wines on QVC.  The range of people from Martha Stewart, Christy Brinkley, Kathy Lee Gifford, to Jason Wu, Isaac Mizrahi to Geoffery Zakarian, Kevin O'Leary and recently Alex Gaurnaschelli.   Looks like a lot are jumping into the grapes!  

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Wine, wine and more wine...

Must have a very high profit margin (like cosmetics). I know most of the world drinks wine, but I personally think the world would be a better place if no one drank any alcohol at all. Nothing good comes from consuming alcohol of any kind. I don't drink alcohol at all---ever. 

Honored Contributor

I enjoy wine from time to time, especially at a nice restaurant with dinner.  It’s only bad for those who drink in excess.  It’s getting more expensive, though.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Esteemed Contributor

Shout out to the QVC Ladies Temperance League I guess.

Honored Contributor

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

Must have a very high profit margin (like cosmetics). I know most of the world drinks wine, but I personally think the world would be a better place if no one drank any alcohol at all. Nothing good comes from consuming alcohol of any kind. I don't drink alcohol at all---ever. 

@Goldengate8361 

Seriously???    Woman Surprised

Honored Contributor

I used my $15 off $50 coupon to buy 3 bottles of wine.  Don't know what else I would have used it for--nothing QVC sells much appeals to me anymore.

PS I'm enjoying the wine--LOL!!!

Trusted Contributor

@Goldengate8361  I couldn't agree more......

Esteemed Contributor

“What if I did drink too much wine?

Whose business is that anyway?

Who knows how much I didn't drink?”

Respected Contributor

@Johnnyeager  For some on here if you have one glass it's too much. My husband and I went out to dinner last night and then to a play in our little town.  I had a wonderful glass of a red blend wine. My advice is life is too short to drink cheap wine go for the good stuff. But if not enjoy whatever wine you like. Don't pay any attention to those who try to paint everyone who enjoys a good wine or a drink as a lush. They won't be happy until we are returned to Prohibition . 

Honored Contributor

Sometimes it comes down to past experiences. My step father was a mean alcoholic. It certainly impacts your view on alcohol. I’ve loosened my views somewhat with age, have 1-2 drinks a year, and even sometimes use alcohol in cooking but I’m still unwilling to be around anyone who is drunk. My co-workers go out for a drink quite often and I always decline.