Esteemed Contributor

Re: Windy, Pouring Rain and Flash Floods!

Read - Amish family - buggy washed away in Kentucky flood - 4 children. All or 3 swept away.

Trusted Contributor

I live in NE PA too. The wind is so strong the rain is coming down sideways, the magnolia trees are blowing in the wind, the Spring bulbs that are up will be disasters when this little gift from Mother Nature is over. Spring, where are ya? I think the sun's taken a long vacation, haven't seen it in days.

Respected Contributor

I'm in eastern Pa, too. The neighbor across the street just had a section of fencing blow over and there is also an end piece of downspout that came from somewhere. I've walked around once and checked my place and so far, so good. Looks looks like South Jersey and that area is to get higher wind gusts than here. I guess we're to get about 2 inches of rain. Wind is to die down around midnight from what I just saw on my weather station.

Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

Same here in Philly, wish it was better news.

Esteemed Contributor

@arizona babe  As much as this weather is driving me crazy, no Southwest for me.

Too much the other way, too dry and way,way too much heat.  Yeah, I know, it's a dry heat.  So is my oven and I don't want to be in there either.

Actually, Hawaii weather sounds good.  An ocean breeze will fix me right up.

Honored Contributor

I am in South Central PA.  It has been raining since midnight anything from a mild drizzle to a steady robust rain.  No storms or strong wind.  It's just ugly out.

It's 60 degrees and not snowing, so I am happy about that.  My DH will cut the grass again when the rain stops.  He's been cutting the lawn 2 to 3 times a week. 

Respected Contributor

This is why I dont tune in to weather forecasts--nothing but doom and gloom.

What worries you masters you.
Honored Contributor

baltimore.....looks like our official total is 1.24 inches for the day.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Contributor

Northeast New Jersy has been horrible as well.  The entire month of April, rain, rain, rain.  And chilly too!  These last 3 days have nearly pushed me to my limit.  I see sun forecasted for the weekend and I cant wait.  I have always said that I am solar powered.