Valued Contributor

Re: Windows 10 Update is Crashing Computers

Marp and lovescats,

Thank you both for your help.  Luckily it had not updated yet, and I was able to change it so that it would not do so automatically.  In the future I may have to update, but I'll wait till I hear more about it.

Honored Contributor

Last year after a whole year of trying to comprehend and work with Windows 8 and 8.1, in total frustration, I finally gave up.  I gave this laptop to my daughter, and my youngest granddaughter claimed it as her own.  She has absolutely no problem with Windows 8.1, she loves it.  I am assuming our brains are just on different comprehension levels, LOL.

I then bought an XPS 8700 Dell desktop with Windows 7 loaded, directly from Dell.  It has an i7 CPU, 8 mgs ram, and 64 bit OS, so it's completely updated to today's specs, except for Windows 7 which, of course I did deliberately.  I felt as though I had returned from war. 

No way I'm ever "upgrading" this computer ever and I mean to the day I can no longer use it. 

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Respected Contributor

I'm glad I upgraded to windows 10 because it seems like my laptop is running a lot  cooler.    But it is hard to recommend because I was really unhappy for about a week till I got itunes back.