Honored Contributor

I used a computer that ran Windows XP for a really, really long time.  When Windows 8 was coming out, I almost broke my neck to buy a new windows 7 desktop (lol).  Honestly, I never buy the initial version of any operating system release.  I wait until they patch it a couple of times and work out the kinks.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

Re: Windows 10 Just DON'T

[ Edited ]

It made me feel better today that I got an automatic apple update app today.  Itunes still doesn't install but the error message changed so at least they're thinking about it.  

People on the apple forums are talking about the same problem.

Another thing that people have mentioned they don't like  is you always need to sign in when you start.  and for me  it changed from the password I have on the computer to my microsoft outlook password.  

Adblock isn't availible (yet?) for the new edge browser either.

Esteemed Contributor

I downloaded the free Windows 10 yestrday and have had no problems with iTunes.  I installed the iTunes update and it is working fine.

The only problem I have so far is making Comcast my homepage. 

Honored Contributor

My icon is back for windows 10

I clicked on it and was advised i could still reserve a copy for free....

No way!

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Honored Contributor

cowboy sam wrote:

My icon is back for windows 10

I clicked on it and was advised i could still reserve a copy for free....

No way!

Yup, same here.  Looks like they did extend it from the original expiration date of a couple days ago.  At least mine is staying in the hidden part so it's not bugging me but I was surprised to see it back today.

Maybe it hasn't gone over as big as originally expected - or (?).  At any rate, I'm sure they'll put out a lot more of the new OS this way so that people test it out on their existing computers.  

I'm still NOT in, though.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Glad, i'm not the only one not wanting Windows 10Smiley Happy

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Marp wrote:

Received notice this evening that my new Win 10 laptop has shippedI'm hoping it will be easy to configure it the way I want from a clean state.

So far my favorite new feature is the ability to have fully independent multiple desktops.  So much potential with that.

I think you'll be OK, especially since there's a lot of help online, like...

HTH   8-)

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shorty2U wrote:

It's nice of you to post this. I just wanted to say, I was told long ago (by someone who works on computers), this happens every time there is a new windows version. As in there are always issues at first. That is why I never bought/nor will I buy a computer with a new windows version until its out for a little while and they have fixes for the issues. Best of luck to you, I hope they help you out.

Did this happen to most people re: the jump from Windows XP to Vista?

I started with Vista but can't remember.

When I changed to Windows 7, I had no issues that I can recall.

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

I used a computer that ran Windows XP for a really, really long time.  When Windows 8 was coming out, I almost broke my neck to buy a new windows 7 desktop (lol).  Honestly, I never buy the initial version of any operating system release.  I wait until they patch it a couple of times and work out the kinks.

The same goes with most anything, including a vehicle.

Esteemed Contributor

@feline groovy wrote:

@Marp wrote:

Received notice this evening that my new Win 10 laptop has shipped.  I'm hoping it will be easy to configure it the way I want from a clean state.

So far my favorite new feature is the ability to have fully independent multiple desktops.  So much potential with that.

I think you'll be OK, Marp, especially since there's a lot of help online, like...

HTH   8-)

Thanks for the links, I will check them out.  I've not had any problems with Win 10 and I really like it.  What I'm unsure about is getting everything set up on the new laptop so it mimics what is on this one.  That means installing programs, bringing over existing data, tweaking settings, etc.

That takes a long time and sometimes more than a little frustration when you know where everything is and where it goes.  With a new OS things may need to be handled a little differently.  Won't know for sure until I get into it and I am likely fretting over nothing.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.