Esteemed Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

@cowboy sam wrote:

oops the" icon " was in the control panel for Windows updates in a blue box...letting me know i can reserve a copy....but i'm not sure i want to .

Yeah, I saw it still there (Win Updates) too but I would imagine there is a fee at this point because the free upgrade ended on July 29.  Well, unless they extended it.

I was just glad the icon left my toolbar. For a while, when I changed it to 'hide icon and notifications' it would  go into the secondary spot that was basically hidden.  But every day, when I started up a computer it would be right back there in clear sight.  Then, just the last few days, it finally stayed where i put it.  Now it's gone. yay!  Smiley Happy   

(it's the little things with me, sometimes) 

You (We) have until July 29, 2016 to upgrade free.

Esteemed Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@betteb  thanks for the advice.

To all: Did I hear right that Windows 10 will be the only OS supported starting in fall?  Not sure what this means?  Autoupdates will not be availabe?

This is incorrect. Here is the EOL (End of Life) support for window OS.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/lifecycle

Honored Contributor

Re: Windows 10 Just DON'T

[ Edited ]

I have good ole Windows 7 and still enjoy using it.

Once I read so many negative reviews of both Windows 8's, I wasn't interested in "upgrading".

Great if they work well for you, though.

Thanks, everyone, for the advice re: Windows 10.

I'll again wait for reviews, and then take everything into consideration.

Honored Contributor

I'm pleased with Windows 8, I don't want the update right now.

Esteemed Contributor

Received notice this evening that my new Win 10 laptop has shipped.  I'm hoping it will be easy to configure it the way I want from a clean state.

So far my favorite new feature is the ability to have fully independent multiple desktops.  So much potential with that.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Super Contributor

Once you go Mac.........you never go back. 

Honored Contributor

I did't think it could get much more annoying than 8 and then 8.1...  I haven't gone to 8.2 or 10 and don't plan to.  In fact, what I do plan to do is with my next computer lose Windows altogether.  They haven't done anything truly better or innovative in a long, long, long time.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

I like  Win 8.1 and it will be supported until 2023, so I'm going to stick with it.  I have no reason to upgrade.  New operating systems are always such a hassle.

Trusted Contributor

I reserved Win 10, but did not upgrade yet.  Can I wait awhile before upgrading until more reviews come out?  Or, will I lose the free upgrade?

Esteemed Contributor

@Himi lover See nutmeg's post #41

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines