Regular Contributor

William & Catherine Surprise Volunteers & Staff Today!

The Prince and Princess of Wales are on an unannounced, surprise engagement today to meet volunteers and operational staff who were involved in facilitating the committal service for Queen Elizabeth II. How wonderful & kind of them. Wow, they're so beautiful & regal together. The monarchy is very good hands. 

62690883-11238875-The_Prince_and_Princess_of_Wales_pictured_have_met_with_voluntee-m-47_1663846973539.jpg62693973-11238875-image-m-43_1663853226902.jpg62693983-11238875-image-a-45_1663853421442.jpg62694009-11238875-image-a-11_1663852190160.jpg

Regular Contributor

Re: William & Catherine Surprise Volunteers & Staff Today!

Also, more photos of the visit are published here for anyone who would like to see them. Absolutely beauiful. 

Prince William and Kate Middleton in first public engagement since funeral | Daily Mail Online

Honored Contributor

Let's not make too much of this.  Today's a workday for them and they are doing their jobs.  Brilliantly as always but the monarchy us not in their hands, it won't be until Charles III the reining monarch dies.  

Esteemed Contributor

I agree with you, @LaurenCats4  they are a beautiful couple. Nobody ever said perfect, but beautiful yes. I do think William, and Kate get it. To whom much is given much is expected.

I think William is a lot more like Diana then they give him credit for. He cares about people.

Respected Contributor

I do like her dress.  Now that the Queen has passed away I am sure there will be more stories about the Prince and Princess of Wales.  They probably have taken on more responsibilities now that Charles is king.

Honored Contributor

For the Royal Family itself it continues until 9/26.

https://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/20220921151770/the-queen-death-royal-mourning-period-explained...

While Her Majesty's poignant funeral on Monday marked the end of a public ten-day period of mourning, members of the royal family will remain in 'royal mourning' for a further six days until Monday 26 September.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Esteemed Contributor

@lgfan wrote:

I do like her dress.  Now that the Queen has passed away I am sure there will be more stories about the Prince and Princess of Wales.  They probably have taken on more responsibilities now that Charles is king.

She is a class act, @lgfan life isn't perfect for her either, but she knows what she signed up for, and she does it well. 

Regular Contributor

@manny2 wrote:

I agree with you, @LaurenCats4  they are a beautiful couple. Nobody ever said perfect, but beautiful yes. I do think William, and Kate get it. To whom much is given much is expected.

I think William is a lot more like Diana then they give him credit for. He cares about people.

Yes, he does. I totally agree with you, @manny2 

Respected Contributor

@manny2 "She is a class act, @lgfan life isn't perfect for her either, but she knows what she signed up for, and she does it well."

Yes, she definately knew what she signed up for.  During their engagement interview William said that the reason he waited so long to propose to Kate was because he wanted to make sure that the royal life was what she wanted.  He said that he didn't want to make the same mistake his parents made by rushing into a marriage.  Kate showed that she was able to handle the life and that is when he proposed to her. 

Honored Contributor

Great pictures!  Thanks. Kate's smile and countenance often reminds me of Queen Elizabeth.  They seem to carry themselves in the same way.