Esteemed Contributor

Re: William & Catherine Surprise Volunteers & Staff Today!

@lgfan wrote:

@Johnnyeager 

"Lived together?  Not possible.  Inconceivable. 

They are Saints walking amongst us."

I think after the Charles and Diana fiasco the monarchy became more lax in their requirements for future princesses.  That is why William and Kate were able to live together and eventually get married.  

I think this is where we see a more modern monarchy, @lgfan  rather then the archaic version. Diana was a lesson learned

Super Contributor

They are a beautiful couple but:

They got up that morning, got dressed and went to work to shake a few hands and said thank you to their staff.

What's the big deal?

People do more than that every day of their lives.  Without staff to help move everything along smoothly.

And in the US, you're lucky if you get 3 days to mourn a close family member's death so the fact that they are doing this will mourning the Queen isn't that admirable imo.

Regular Contributor

I thought it was wonderful as well!HeartI think it was pitch perfect how the working royals are getting out there while still grieving and thanking the people who helped with this massive national event. This was for the people, the Queen, not themselves. Showing and extending such gratitude to the public. Duty before self-interests. Not always easy, but the right thing to do. 

Honored Contributor

I've always liked them.  They seem to do good work.  I always just hope that they are happy together. 

She is so beautiful that I love seeing pics.

Esteemed Contributor

@donovan wrote:

They are a beautiful couple but:

They got up that morning, got dressed and went to work to shake a few hands and said thank you to their staff.

What's the big deal?

People do more than that every day of their lives.  Without staff to help move everything along smoothly.

And in the US, you're lucky if you get 3 days to mourn a close family member's death so the fact that they are doing this will mourning the Queen isn't that admirable imo.

You have good points @donovan  We might only get three days, but we can do it in private. They had, and still have the world watching. I can’t imagine grieving under those conditions. Shaking hands, accepting flowers, and making small talk when you feel empty, and sad. I wouldn’t want to do it.

I think they did a good job reassuring the public they are ready and willing to serve.