Esteemed Contributor

Re: William Shakespeare was Covid Vaccinated Today in UK

@skatting44 wrote:

Good for her ! The only problem is that the nurse may have injected the vaccine in a blood vessel. After  the nurse gave the injection she kept wiping the lady's deltoid off  which if it was blood than  it may not have been administered properly. 

@skatting44 -sometimes you may hit a minor vessel and it's not an issue.  Plus she has very little subcutaneous fat.  She doesn't look one bit concerned and she is happy.  I'm more concerned that these seniors in advanced age will experience side effects.  They were brave and happy people.  I heard the injection was painful but it didn't seem to bother that one bit....,hearty stock 

Respected Contributor

Wow I've been watching CNN all day and they keep showing this beautiful lady.  I'm 75 and she looks younger than me.  I hope I look that good if I am lucky to live that long.  What a joy to watch.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Stray wrote:

@skatting44 wrote:

Good for her ! The only problem is that the nurse may have injected the vaccine in a blood vessel. After  the nurse gave the injection she kept wiping the lady's deltoid off  which if it was blood than  it may not have been administered properly. 

@skatting44 -sometimes you may hit a minor vessel and it's not an issue.  Plus she has very little subcutaneous fat.  She doesn't look one bit concerned and she is happy.  I'm more concerned that these seniors in advanced age will experience side effects.  They were brave and happy people.  I heard the injection was painful but it didn't seem to bother that one bit....,hearty stock 

From what I viewed  part of her shirt sleeve  was over her upper arm and the nurse did appear to aspirate . She wiped the area but then took more gauze to wipe down below  her deltoid a 2nd time . That is why it appeared to me that the  injection site must have been bleeding alot more. I saw that she also doubled over gauze to tape over the injection site. Am not sure if this new vaccine is IM   or if Z track is recommended .

Injection protocols that I was taught  are that if you pull back the syringe  and blood appears , you disguard that dose . Readminister , in a different location . I can say that I never aspitated any blood  in almost 40 yrs of parctice.

Honored Contributor

I say he was picked to get the headlines in the news.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

I say he was picked to get the headlines in the news.

I think so too. And it sure worked. Lots of great feel good stories and optimism about finally getting past this stupid thing.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr