Respected Contributor

Re: Will you continue to purchase?

@lulu2 wrote:

@The Monkey on My Back wrote:

Mel Gibson is a great example. I haven't seen a film of his in 6 years.

I cannot remember the last time I've seen a movie starring him advertised.

He made a few films that were lightly promoted. If I remember right Jodie Foster directed one of them and it received some positive reviews. Don't remember the title though.

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Super Contributor

P. Diddy shot off a gun in a nightclub and was selling out his cologne on HSN. Snooki from Jersey Shore slept with everyone but the kitchen sink and was also welcomed with open arms on HSN.

Joan Rivers wore fur. Tsk tsk.

Hmmm, is that OK? Oh that's right she was a comedian and gets a free pass.

I don't buy from celebs even if they have a lily white reputation.

Honored Contributor

I probably like Mel Gibson MORE than I do LIsa R.  I think Mel G. has shown more remorese and has LEARNED from his mistakes more than Ms. Rinna.  Ms. Rinna repeats the same thing over and over again.  I've watched her too much on the Bravo Show.  She says hateful things, she's vindictive, she feels remorseful, she apologizes, and thens she does it again and again...NO SORROW deep down. PHONY! 

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

"...can you separate the behavior from their merchandise?"

Of course.

I think any mature, stable adult would be able to that. 

@sidsmom

Yes, of course I can. I don't choose to.

With so many good choices in merchandise, I chose not to support someone whose behavior I find aberrant.

Personal choice is just that, personal.

It isn't a question of not being able to separate the behavior from their merchandise.....   as stated succinctly above, it's a conscious decision NOT TO.  Again.... voting with your wallet!!  

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

I am all about forgiveness.  People make mistakes.  We are human.  That being said...when someone continues to make mistakes, apolgozies, does the same thing over and over again...the apology means nothing.  I'm over it.  I'm over her.

Honored Contributor

@justmyopinion wrote:

P. Diddy shot off a gun in a nightclub and was selling out his cologne on HSN. Snooki from Jersey Shore slept with everyone but the kitchen sink and was also welcomed with open arms on HSN.

I don't like P Diddy nor do I buy from P Diddy.

Valued Contributor

I never watched a Woody Allen movie after hearing about his relationship with his step daughter. And I won't be buying anything from someone I consider to be a hypocrite who sells clothes to people she apparently abhors.

Super Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

@justmyopinion wrote:

I can't think of any "star" I've ever purchased from.

Most of them put on an act when they're peddling their stuff and try to project a clean-cut  girl next image especially here at the Q.

Does anyone really know how they act behind closed doors? Was Victoria Principal drinking excessively in her marriage?According to the tabloids she was. Did anyone care? She made millions here. Do we really know any of these celebs? With the help of reality TV, Twitter, etc., we get to see the good, bad and the ugly now.

Honored Contributor

@justmyopinion wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

@justmyopinion wrote:

I can't think of any "star" I've ever purchased from.

Most of them put on an act when they're peddling their stuff and try to project a clean-cut  girl next image especially here at the Q.

Does anyone really know how they act behind closed doors? Was Victoria Principal drinking excessively in her marriage?According to the tabloids she was. Did anyone care? She made millions here. Do we really know any of these celebs? With the help of reality TV, Twitter, etc., we get to see the good, bad and the ugly now.

If she was drinking too much, it's not hurting others.  I doubt she was.  She wasn't making terrible comments about women.

Honored Contributor

So do you boycott certain singers too?