Honored Contributor

Re: Will you continue to purchase?

@Jackaranda wrote:

They had Joan Rivers on for decades. People make up their own mind. Lisa Rinna seems pretty harmless. 

I think the difference with JR and LR is that even tho Joan could be harsh and say some very mean things, it was said to make the audience laugh (at the expense of others), with humor as the intent (roasts do the same thing)  whether or not you found it humorous.

LR's intent was to hurt and denigrate with no redeeming qualities attached to it.

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

So much for 'no names', eh?  Smiley Sad   Hope your thread doesn't get killed.  

This could be a great conversation, as you meant it to be anyway.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Say Nay@chickenbutt@Q4u@truffle@Peaches McPhee

After reading up, (but not certifying if what I read about a celebrity's posts on Instagram),

I think way less of the person.

No, I don't believe that I would buy any of this brand.

JRivers had a way about her that led me to believe she had heart.  Her remarks had never been posted on IG. 

The remarks and words I read were so nasty... I hope the celebrity has them removed and/or sues. This would kill a persons career. The social media -- what damage it can do.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

So much for 'no names', eh?  Smiley Sad   Hope your thread doesn't get killed.  

This could be a great conversation, as you meant it to be anyway.  Smiley Happy

Ah well : /

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Respected Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

If they have a good product that I feel will be an asset in our home? I really don't care what they do or what they believe in their social lives. Also am not one that believes in boycotts.

hckynut(john)

Interesting. Would this mean if you "need" it then you buy it, no matter who sells it or represents it?

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Respected Contributor

No, I wouldn't.  What I deem is offensive or inappropriate behavior is very important to me and affects who I support.

Honored Contributor

Just being a part of most reality shows is enough for me not to want to deal personally with someone, but I limit my personal boycotts of buying to those who cross major moral lines as I see them. 

For the vast majority of what I've bought in my life, I really had no idea about any personality behind those items --and even here where I buy, I pretty much buy products, not people.   For example (and there's nothing outrageous at all involved), I'm not really a fan of Chaz' look, but I am a fan of his products -  and haven't wavered a whole lot since I started with them in 2009.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Say Nay

Well this celebrity got fired from her TV show and the incident is all over google from many sources, I am just now reading.

Hmmm... So I'm guessing what I read was true. Smiley Sad

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

I boycott because of bad behavior (in my eyes anyway).  Mel Gibson is an example. And honestly I really think they put up these celebrities and make them seem as if they are really designing this stuff to get the sales and attention.  I really doubt they do anything but put their name on a product and do nothing and know nothing about the design.  Of course what do I know, I am only the customer.

Esteemed Contributor

If the public figure who is hawking something says something that is out of bounds to my very flexible sensibilities, I will not support them with my money. When they have proven to me that they have no respect for me, I lose all respect for them. It might be clothes, or movies, or music, or a grocery item, I refuse to support thoughtlessness and mean.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop