Honored Contributor

Will you be doing your holiday decorating different this year?

I get in this mood, only to end up remembering how much of a task this is.  Maybe I'll stretch it out over 7 days.  I may try it this year.

How are you changing your decorating this year?  Any crafters out there...what are you doing this year?

Honored Contributor

Re: Will you be doing your holiday decorating different this year?

We will be downzing as much as I can get away with.  LOL  The days of transforming every room in the house are over.  Last year dang near killed me and we started early and only put out about a third of the stuff we have.  Not gonna' spend this Christmas in the hospital if I can help it.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

No tree unless I find a pretty and small one at a good cost.  I donated my 4 foot  tree this summer.  Just a few nice decorations in and out of the house.  Keeping it simple starting this year Smiley Happy

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Respected Contributor

Nope. I don't decorate, so there's nothing to change!

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Respected Contributor

Might get the artificial tree together early and take my time putting on the "old faithfuls" and the tea light balls.  The rest is for the TG gathering night for all to decorate. (Then I do my favourite part putting on the icicles!)  as far as craftiness, I've started that "Paint with Diamonds" craft.  Couldn't get into the adult pattern colouring books as I had the same trouble with leaving that unfinisled as I do with leaving a jigsaw puzzle uncomplete.  With the PwD I can pour out a number of the little dots and feel a sense of completion once I've set those in place even though I've not finished the whole picture.

Advice for those who may want to really persue this activity would be to Get a pair of cheater reader glasses and a lightboard to backlight the canvas so the little numbers stand out has been very helpful for me.

Esteemed Contributor

We just downsized to a town house in January so last Christmas we didn't even decorate with moving and all.  I am looking forward to it this year though.  I did purge some of my decorations and we bought a new tree (Balsam Fir) that is still in the box!  Hopefully it has nothing wrong with it because we bought it on sale last year......

Honored Contributor

When first married we would do a different theme every year. Now,we have so many memories we decorate with things past and love it.

I believe I have told the story of our tree and I am so happy to put that out.

And there was no one left to speak out for me....
Respected Contributor

Most definitely , I am decorating different here !  Downsizing here too.  

Esteemed Contributor

When my son was little we used  to go all out with both the Christmas & Hanukkah decorations.A few years ago we got rid of the big tree & scaled things back.

The last couple of years we didn't decorate at all. We just don't have the energy to pull out the tree, menorah & all the decorations.

Our home is still full of love & holiday spirit. That's what's really important.

Honored Contributor

I do something different every year.  After 30 plus years of marriage, I have boxes and boxes of Christmas decorations.  I also have my mother's decorations.  I like to have theme and a color story.  Red is the accept color in my living room, dining room and kitchen so I thinking of doing a  "candy cane" theme.  Red and white with some touches of silver.