Honored Contributor

Re: Will you admit to this? Losing your car in a parking lot before?

Yes, I went to a big long three level mall one day and forgot which store parking lot I parked  at.  There have been a few others but that one was the worst as I don't know how many miles I must have walked looking for it that day. 

Honored Contributor

Yes.

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal  Why wouldn't I admit to it? Where is the shame?

Honored Contributor

The last time I couldn't find my car in the parking lot, I got so fed up, I just went out and bought a new one.  So frustrating! 

Honored Contributor

Yes, I admit to "losing" my car or believing it was "stolen".

Once at the doctor's office. I parked on LL but got off on the 1st floor. Panic city!!

Another time I was on the turnpike heading home from Memphis to Tulsa. Stopped at restroom at McDonalds in the middle of turnpike.

When leaving restroom I exited the eastbound exit instead of westbound. My car wasn't there so again Panic city!!

Esteemed Contributor

Heck, I just did it today. Forgot what aisle I parked in at Walmart. Thank goodness for cars that beep.

Respected Contributor

I live in a small town so we don't have parking buildings but I have forgotten where I parked in a parking lot before. I hit my key fob to find it and I'm not the only one doing that Smiley Happy I try to park in the same parking aisle all the time so at least I know I'm in the right area. Sometimes if I spend a lot of time in a store or run into friends and we talk a lot, I forget by the time I get out. I think it's quite common and something you can laugh about. My elderly uncle was always losing his car, so much that regulars in the stores would go out and help him locate it.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@qualitygal  Why wouldn't I admit to it? Where is the shame?

@SeaMaiden  Please, relax.  It's meant tongue in cheek, I don't deal in shame.

Honored Contributor

Boy do I........

There is a train station in the county I live in.  It has the largest p/l in the USofA.  Over 1 million parking spaces.

I parked my car near what I thought was the main highway-Black Horse Pike.

After I returned from my trip, I could not locate my car.  I thought it was stolen.

I notified security.  As I was walking w/security to show them where I parked my car, I walked right by it!!!!!  I had actually parked my car near the train station's MANY "streets" witch are actually highways.  I had parked right smack in the middle of the station instead of what I thought was the "edge" of the station.

I never parked at the station again.  I also now keep a hollow golf ball painted neon orange on my antenna so that I will NEVER lose my car in a crowded p/l again.

I bet you So. Joisey folks just which train station I am fonting about.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

Yes. I've forgotten where I parked in lots and multi level garages. Sometimes I'm just not paying attention to where I'm parking. It actually happens more often in regularly visited places. I tend to make a note and remember where I park at special venues.