Respected Contributor

Re: Will you Grant Amazon Access

No . . . it would be like, asking for trouble.

Respected Contributor

No, thank you! We have a locking metal bin where our packages are securely delivered. It is bolted down to the deck and has a code to enter it. We can just text them the code when they arrive...and the code can easily be changed.

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Trusted Contributor

One more No.

Honored Contributor

I don't even give family or friends access.  Even DH has to ask once in a while. Smiley Wink 

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

No way in hell.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CLEM wrote:

Are you ready to grant Amazon access to your home so they can deliver your packages inside when you are not home?

Also, they can offer access (with your permission) to anyone else you deem trustworthy like the dog walker, other delivery people, friends and family members.

I, for one, would never do this.

If this has been discussed in another thread I apologize, but I did not find it.

No way, 3 of my 6 cats are little escape artists & will take any opportunity they can to run outside. I don't work right now so on days I'm expecting a delivery from Amazon, I just keep checking outside for the package (s)  Sometimes the packages are left on my front stoop, other times, they're delivered to my back yard, which has a 6 foot high privacy fence.

I don't like the idea of a stranger being able to get into my house, for any reason.

Honored Contributor

It would be useless at my house. No one will open my door when they hear my GSD barking and she sure isn't going to let them open the door. I don't know why UPS bothers to ring the bell, the dog is already barking just from hearing the truck out front. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

No. Only a few, very few have access to my house. Have never had a problem with packages being delivered. Nothing stolen.

Honored Contributor

I would not but if I lived in an area where theft was a problem I might consider it.  

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

I could understand how it may be good for some but for us it would not be necessary.

I did order a book last weekend from Amazon and when I received it the package was already opened. I had the distinct impression someone thought it was a tablet and checked.

It may have been an accident.  I opened a package a couple of weeks ago for the man across the street.  Now I look more carefully at who it is addressed to.