Respected Contributor

Re: Will you Grant Amazon Access

I've lived in present place for 5 years now and never had a package stolen. If it became a problem, I would get the smallest PO box at the mailbox place down the street so I could have Amazon deliver there. I also sometimes have stuff shipped to me at work. You can always have FedEx and UPS deliver to anywhere they have regular pickup services. The issue with Amazon is you never know how they will ship. 

There is not a possibility of me giving freelance delivery people a way to get into my home.

Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Esteemed Contributor

@Laura14

I am part of the working world and my house is empty. I still say H*ll NO!!

I actually have a Postal Annex Box that I pay $75.00 every six months and I have all of my packages delivered there.

Honored Contributor

Twitter was on fire when this was announced.

My fav:

202D5022-E0DC-4DCB-8355-58DB6C11B5FF.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@NickNackNo way am I doing this, but I also assume the code given to the delivery person isn't the same code you use on your personal security system.  It's more likely a one-time code which changes each time it's used.   I haven't investigated but I bet that Amazon has users add some device that reads their cards and that device is somehow part of that $200 someone mentioned.

I'll think again right after h--- freezes over!

Honored Contributor

@icezeus wrote:

@Laura14

I am part of the working world and my house is empty. I still say H*ll NO!!

I actually have a Postal Annex Box that I pay $75.00 every six months and I have all of my packages delivered there.

@icezeus  I get it.  But living in apartments, there are maintenance and inspectors in constantly.  Same thing to me.  Not for everyone but I would consider it.  I can't afford Prime let alone another $75 just for package delivery  That's big time s&h to me.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Kjelle

That's what I do. I rent the smallest box at the Postal Annex location down the street from me. They have an area behind the postal boxes where they store delivered packages. When I have an item delivered the Postal Annex location sends me an e-mail informing me of my delivery.  I pick up within a few days. Easy.

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@NickNackNo way am I doing this, but I also assume the code given to the delivery person isn't the same code you use on your personal security system.  It's more likely a one-time code which changes each time it's used.   I haven't investigated but I bet that Amazon has users add some device that reads their cards and that device is somehow part of that $200 someone mentioned.

I'll think again right after h--- freezes over!

@millieshops  I'm sure you're right.  I didn't think about that.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Trusted Contributor

That's just a big NO. I'm not going to secure my dog, they can just leave it on the porch.

Honored Contributor

Heck no! 

"H" will have to freeze over before I ever indulge in such an enterprise that does nothing but invite some sort of abuse or mishandling.

Egads, no!

Honored Contributor

NO to Amazon and Walmart.