Honored Contributor

Re: Will you Grant Amazon Access

@Spurt  Good point!

Honored Contributor

@BirdieGal wrote:

Delivery person would have to cross the moat filled with gators and face the dragon first.

NO WAY

@BirdieGal

Image result for dog in dragon costume

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

No...

And quite frankly, I think Amazon "services" have jumped the shark... They're increasingly like an invasive vine... Everywhere, doing everything... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Amaxon needs to seriously rethink this approach to package delivery:  too many possibilities for fraud, assault, theft, destruction, subsequent home invasion and even murder.

Use of a local delivery service that would receive then deliver items makes more sense.

Perhaps Amazon is getting too spread out over too many environments:  too much power in one company doesn't make good sense long term.  A phrase from school days: absolute power destroys absolutely.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

@Montana wrote:

H**l to the No!

Haha!  I was just about to say the same thing!

I know my postman and the UPS delivery men.  However I see different people delivering each time with Amazon and they tend to make me a bit nervous.  They don't drive company trucks like other delivery services in my area nor do they wear a uniform....so I really wouldn't let them into my home. 

I would only let people that I know well and trust.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@jlkz  @stevieb

Yep, Amazon is getting too big for their britches and they keep expanding and it looks like too many irons in the fire.......there is already talk of them being made to split up into different entities like what happened to the Belle System...too big of a monopoly.............

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

@Spurt

Unlike Amazon, the former Bell System was made up of 20 Operating Telephone Companies centered on communication.   Their other major entities, Long Lines and Western Electric, were also involved with communications: transmission and manufacturing.

I was part of the team that implemented the Dept. of Justice ruling on the breakup of the monopoly.

With all the hoopla about a second headquarters for Amazon, I wonder how much duplication there will be as well as lack of coordinated oversight.  

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@jlkz wrote:

@Spurt

Unlike Amazon, the former Bell System was made up of 20 Operating Telephone Companies centered on communication.   Their other major entities, Long Lines and Western Electric, were also involved with communications: transmission and manufacturing.

I was part of the team that implemented the Dept. of Justice ruling on the breakup of the monopoly.

With all the hoopla about a second headquarters for Amazon, I wonder how much duplication there will be as well as lack of coordinated oversight.  

@jlkz

I can't really get into what I read (taboo topic for these Forums) let's just say certain (district) parties are already looking into it because of complaints from other retailers....and retail times have changed since the Bell breakup too and things may be viewed differently now........

Trusted Contributor

Heavens NO!

You'll find my heart at the Rainbow Bridge. Smiley Sad
Esteemed Contributor

Absolutely not.