Respected Contributor

Re: Will you Grant Amazon Access

I have to laugh at "the same familiar faces who deliver your packages now..."  I have random teenagers driving their personal vehicles delivering my Amazon packages.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@VanSleepy wrote:

I have to laugh at "the same familiar faces who deliver your packages now..."  I have random teenagers driving their personal vehicles delivering my Amazon packages.

I've had times when they didn't get out of their cars, they threw the package from their car into my backyard, over a 6 foot high privacy fence. One instance, they threw the package so hard, it hit my patio door, scaring the heck out of me. (I was sitting at my computer desk, with my back to the door) I contacted Amazon immediately to let them know what had happened. I was given a $5 credit, package throwing hasn't happened since.

Honored Contributor

Well I would think about it if this was my delivery guy:

Respected Contributor

I've already posted a couple times but found it funny that on two separate channels this morning this was being discussed and on both channels neither newsperson held back and one of them actually said they can't see there being a lot of ppl signing up - bc "who would do that".  Then, after those remarks on one of those the newscaster added that this would help in those areas where a lot of packages get stolen off ppl's front porches.  But still!

Esteemed Contributor

I live in a Condo with a concierge but if I still had our home, NO

Respected Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@momtochloe  He can come in any time.  Would tip him handsomely with wonderful treats.

Respected Contributor

No!  I live in an apartment/condo building.

Esteemed Contributor

Good idea Amazon let someone have access to your home and case the place....For get about that!!!!!!!!!Woman Surprised

Esteemed Contributor

@CLEM wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

@momtochloe  He can come in any time.  Would tip him handsomely with wonderful treats.

Yes, I would trust him and have one of my five rescue pups greet him at the door. [just adorable]Cat LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

I could understand how it may be good for some but for us it would not be necessary.

I did order a book last weekend from Amazon and when I received it the package was already opened. I had the distinct impression someone thought it was a tablet and checked.

OMG, I would think along the same lines... did you report this to Amazon? How creepy.