Respected Contributor

Re: Will you Grant Amazon Access

@Financialgrl  I am sure at some point they will let us know.  I assume that they will be asked by the media soon enough.

Respected Contributor

The service is called Amazon Key.  Amazon.com explains how it works.  

Engadget.com also has an article about it. Google "amazon key engadget".

Trusted Contributor

So, I would actually have the opportunity to pay strangers to come in and case my house! Goody!
Do the math.
Honored Contributor

I would like to see a reality tv show based on Amazon and Walmart employees going into your home (with many hidden cameras), just to see what they do.

Esteemed Contributor

@CLEM wrote:

I am pretty sure the answers here  are pretty much representative of the population at large.  So I expect this to be wishful thinking on the part of Amazon.  But I am sure there will be some takers.

@CLEMYes, those takers will be people with alarms and surveillance cameras.

Keepin' it real.
Esteemed Contributor

Absolutely not, they're asking for problems offering this. I can hear it now. I haven't bought prime either. I only shop on there at Christmas anymore since they increased the amount for free shipping, and I don't shop enough to get prime anyway. Plus there's lots of private sellers that rip people off on shipping if they're not "in on" Amazon free ship. Lastly- I used to order cds and books on there other times during the year. Now i go to a local record store to buy cds and vinyl. And I go to a local book store to get books. Yes I'm old fashioned, I like the music and the books in my hands, and I am supporting local businesses. 

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Respected Contributor

Heck yeah......I'd want them to bring me a frap from Starbucks  with whip cream and take the garbage out while they're here........ and I'd want a cute guy (over 35) with pierced ear..... Gonna get my $$'s worth. I'll leave a note of "To Do List".........

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Respected Contributor

@cbrite  That's a good one.  I hadn't thought of this.  If you sign up for this, you might as well make it worth your while and get your money's worth.

cbrite wrote:

Heck yeah......I'd want them to bring me a frap from Starbucks  with whip cream and take the garbage out while they're here........ and I'd want a cute guy (over 35) with pierced ear..... Gonna get my $$'s worth. I'll leave a note of "To Do List".........

Esteemed Contributor

Anyone that goes along with that is not thinking right. I have five dogs so no ... not good for me.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've already responded to this post but yesterday on the news they showed how this works.  The $250 you pay for the system allows entry so when the delivery person gets close, notifies your phone, so you can watch them the whole time.  Supposed to step in, drop pkg right inside and leave and then the system locks them back out. There's a close circuit camera recording when ppl come/go.  This is all connected/made possible through the cloud.

So the newscaster asks  2 questions - what does "thoroughly screened" delivery persons mean and with all the hacking within the cloud - why not it happening to this?   Answers were pretty "squishy".  He said well, the delivery ppl will still be the same guys with familiar faces who are delivering your pkgs now and deliveries will be recorded and they always have guys working/updating encryption to not allow hacking. 

Still wouldn't do it!