Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: Will you Grant Amazon Access

I saw a business on Shark Tank where you ship to the address of the business when ordering on line.  Kind of a Mail Boxes Etc. for packages.  Then they would deliver to your house at a time specified by you.  Sounds like a much better idea for people who aren't home to receive regular deliveries.  And no, I would not give a delivery person access to my house.  Thankfully they normally come after 5:00 and I'm home.

Honored Contributor

On behalf of the working world whose home is empty most of the day and can't be home for packages, I'd seriously consider it.  

If they want to steal anything, about $500 should replace most of what I got.  

Honored Contributor

I think for some people who live in areas where they don't know their neighbors some service like this (maybe better through a utility or local security service) is needed on many levels.

People need someone to let in repair people, answer alarms that might go off, check on a pet, etc.  

We have always had our house keyed with one different key on one door, and a deadbolt you can lock from inside on that door as well.  That way, you can leave the house secured but access wtih that one different key.  You can also secure the house when you are in it so that anyone having that key couldn't get in with it.

Esteemed Contributor

After going on Amazon and reading all about it, and I was still working and didn't have a dog, yes I would.  There is no "key" no code and a camera inside your home that records the delivery person.  You are notified when the delivery person arrives at your door and a special lock on your door.  What about people who work and have a cleaning service, this is a more secured way to allow access then a code or a key.  It depends on your needs if this would work for you.  Amazon did state not a product for you if you have unsecured pets with access to your front door.  Being retired, I don't have a need.  It's worth some research before just saying no if the service would work for you.

Honored Contributor

I could understand how it may be good for some but for us it would not be necessary.

I did order a book last weekend from Amazon and when I received it the package was already opened. I had the distinct impression someone thought it was a tablet and checked.

Honored Contributor

If things got to the point I couldn't have a package left on the porch, I'd probably stop ordering on line.

Honored Contributor

My concern is for the delivery person. Already thieves follow UPS trucks to steal packages; whats to prevent them from assaulting the delivery person and not only steal the package but have access to your home.

Respected Contributor

Absolutely not.

I'd get a box at the post office or something before I'd let anyone have access to my home.  That seems like a disaster waiting to happen...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Because of 3 Customer Service failures I no longer shop at Amazon, but if I did HECK NO would deinitely NOT allow them access inside when I was not at home!!!

If you are considering this please read the story @gardeman shared in the Community Chat topic titled "ROBBER TELLS YOU YOU HOW TO PROTECT YOUR HOME"  scary stuff........gives one cause to pause.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

No.

And speaking of dog walkers, I wonder how many pets will escape when Amazon enters a home to drop off a package.  I shudder at the thought.  

@Pearlee

Or incidents of pets biting the Amazon delivery person.........liability suits!!!  

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”