Esteemed Contributor

Will this be enough TP?

[ Edited ]

Must admit that the current health situation is worrisome, but then I saw this headline and had to laugh:

"An Australian family accidentally ordered $3,264 worth of toilet paper when they bought 48 boxes instead of 48 rolls"

The link for the story:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/australian-family-accidentally-ordered-3-190743284.html

It seems they'll be stocked up for awhile Cat LOL

Respected Contributor

@Witchy Woman They could open their own TP store!!

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

I just don't understand why everyone rushes for toilet paper.

At Costco a few days ago, there was a very long line along the inside walls of the building, as people waited for their turn to get toilet paper. I asked someone how that was going to help them from getting the virus, any virus, including a cold. One woman said: "I honestly don't know; I just saw all these people in a line for it, so I thought I better get some too!" She hadn't even thought through the rationale, or lack thereof; she just let what other people do affect her behavior.

Honored Contributor

Re: Will this be enough TP?

[ Edited ]

@World Traveler wrote:

At Costco a few days ago, there was a very long line along the inside walls of the building, as people waited for their turn to get toilet paper. I asked someone how that was going to help them from getting the virus, any virus, including a cold. One woman said: "I honestly don't know; I just saw all these people in a line for it, so I thought I better get some too!" She hadn't even thought through the rationale, or lack thereof; she just let what other people do affect her behavior.

@World Traveler 

😲 😲 😲

89029508_1116471908690685_2406845964112363520_n.jpg

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

I don't think anyone is buying it as a deterent to getting the virus.  I think it's because the supply chain has been greatly disrupted and well .... we all need toilet paper.  What are you going to use if you don't have it? 

Honored Contributor

@itsmetoo wrote:

I don't think anyone is buying it as a deterent to getting the virus.  I think it's because the supply chain has been greatly disrupted and well .... we all need toilet paper.  What are you going to use if you don't have it? 

@itsmetoo Perhaps like in the old days......pages out of the Sears catalog! LOL! Oh, yes, no more Sears catalog, so I guess the newspaper, leaves, etc. What did they use back in the days of Knights and Dames? Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

@itsmetoo wrote:

@itsmetoo Perhaps like in the old days......pages out of the Sears catalog! LOL! Oh, yes, no more Sears catalog, so I guess the newspaper, leaves, etc. What did they use back in the days of Knights and Dames? Smiley Happy

And we know they did not wash their hands.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

I can't imagine not checking the order total before clicking the submit button.

Esteemed Contributor

@Alison Wonderland 

Admittedly, I didn't read beyond the first few sentences of the article, so there may be a logical explanation.

As to stocking up, I normally keep several large packages on hand, so I rarely feel in a panic about not having any Cat LOL

I did note, however, that Walmart had Clorax Wipes as an "in store purchase only" so that likely means some stores have none.

Right now, I'm trying not to get caught up in the hysteria, and so far, I've done OK.  Taking a deep breath hoping I won't regret saying those words! Cat LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt 

Now THAT'S really funny.  Just crazy stuff! Cat LOL