Contributor

Will there be ANY Soaps left to watch???

{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown} I have been watching AMC and OLTL since they started! I was in high school watching "Erica" and her hijinks! I can't believe they keep taking these shows with HUGE long time followers who show up at all the soap events, like the "fan-fairs" and things. The places are MOBBED with followers. Even in college and still NOW college kids are watching these shows in groups and having fun.

I DO NOT get it! They just last year or so took a couple of shows off that had been on 40-50 years. Do they plan on taking ALL of them off??? And replace them with WHAT? MORE DUMB IDIOTIC "REALITY" SHOWS that I refuse to watch, LAME, WEAK talk shows, or ? game shows?? Women AND some men have been avid followers for most of their lives, as well as high school and college kids, stay at home moms, even workers on their lunch breaks!

I QUIT watching the HORRIBLE "view' because there was none, just ONE shreiking, temper tantrum throwing, spoiled narcissist who ONLY allows ONE view, hers.

If they put them all on one channel it would be fine and then put their "reality" garbage on the others. We like to escape reality for a while and not worry about it, which is why for generations there have been soaps. Plus putting more experienced, seasoned actors out of work for shows NO one wants to watch.

I REALLY hope they work out a deal where we can watch the shows on one soap channel. Otherwise there will be ALOT of people canceling their tv service since there won't be anything they care to watch on. It seems they are trying to do away entirely with soaps, which for generations of us have been part of our daily life.

The tv channels should be BOMBARDED with protest and complaint letters and harrassed for their DUMB idea to put MORE of the same old news, talk shows, reality shows, food shows, etc. over and over again. It certainly isn't because the public wants it. I am sad to see so many familiar, well liked and well known actors and actresses leaving parts that we so enjoyed watching. I wonder IF and WHAT will be left when they are done? SO sad!