Respected Contributor

Re: Will and Kate's Christmas Card

very nice!   warm family photo during a casual moment.  the message is Christmas-sy and wishes Happy New Year,  but the picture is more universal for a diverse British population.

Honored Contributor

I love that Kate and William release photos of their family, the public is interested in all of them and enjoys the photographs. Harry and Meghan so rarely let us catch a glimpse of Archie ( it is their prerogative to do so), I think by keeping him so underwraps it makes for more interest in him, I think it backfires on them.

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

It's a cute photo, though Kate looks a little overdressed compared to the others.  I hope they remembered to send a card to Grandma / Great Grandma.

@ValuSkr 

LOL ... In last year's photo, Kate was wearing jeans, and I wondered how much criticism there was about her wearing those pants, instead of "dressing like a lady"!   Horrors!   Pearl clutching! 

Esteemed Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

A nice family photo...however a bit off center and nothing holiday about it.
-------------

Agree!! Kind of a summer vacation memory....

Respected Contributor

I see the "doesn't look very Christmas-y" comment every year. I guess some of us have different ideas about what a holiday card should be. I don't use photos that have anything to do with Christmas or any other holiday -- just nice photos of the members of my family. Lots of people use a vacation photo where everyone looks happy and relaxed. If you like a Christmas-y photo that's fine, but that's not the point to many people.

Honored Contributor

When my kids were little I sometimes used a non-Christmassy photo, but it was surrounded by a Christmassy border of some sort.  I think this photo is very nice, but the card is not indicative of the season.  However, that may be the way they do things across the pond.

Honored Contributor

How the kids have grown! Adorable family.

Honored Contributor

I received two Christmas cards today from my nephews and their families.  Both pictures were the actual cards and the family pictures were taken this past summer.  They are dressed in summer attire.

This type of card seems to be what's in right now.  I like the style.  i can put the card in the family photo album.

William and Kate and their children all look happy..it's a nice card.  The kids are really cute.

Honored Contributor

@BeccaLou wrote:

@lmt What is the temperature in England, does anyone know ?

=====

Upper 60's in summer - 40's in December for the highs.

Honored Contributor

Last year their card used a family photo that Kate had taken in fall, clearly not at Christmastime.