Valued Contributor

Re: Will You Share a Movie You’ve Watched That Made a Big Impact on Your Life?

Now Voyager - Laura - Pride Of The Yankees - Kings Row

The Three Faces Of Eve - His Girl Friday - Storm Warning -

A Summer Place - The Awful Truth - Lankawanna Blues -

The Age Of Adaline - The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button - The Women - The Theory Of Everything - Witness

- My Sisters Keeper - The Notebook - The Kings Speech -

Super Contributor

Schindlers List & Chariots of Fire 

Honored Contributor

A Raisin in the Sun

To Kill a Mockingbird

Rocky (the original)

The Exorcist (to this day, I cannot even say the title without a serious shudder)

Respected Contributor

@hckynutjohn wrote:

Not a single movie has made an impact on my life. Many I enjoyed, and watched several times, but an impact on my life? No.

hckynut  🇺🇸

@hckynutjohn   Not even Slapshot? The Mighty Ducks or Youngblood?  LOL 😂  

Respected Contributor

wit starring Emma Thompson

The Doctor starring William Hurt

Respected Contributor

"Babe."  I changed my diet and became Vegetarian.

Valued Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

Old Yeller.  I was a little bitty girl when mama took my brother & me to see it & I'll never, ever forget it.

It's a good movie but that ending nearly did me in, even though they did show his offspring.

Respected Contributor

""The Way We Were"....but NOT when it first came out in 1973...but  45+ years later because, in that time, there was love and love lost and a recent longing for a return to do it over, if only I could.....and the fact that I can NOT is very depressing.

I squandered a lot on stupid stuff.

Mostly, that the grass was greener on the other side of the fence...until I found out it's just cause there's more fertilizer ( if you know what I mean, and it got spread pretty thick).

Now I'm alone and paying the price.

"Cabaret" ...especially this snippet of verse from "LIfe is a Cabaret..."

"Start by admitting

From cradle to tomb

It isn't that long a stay...

Life is a cabaret, old chum

It's only a cabaret, old chum

And I love a cabaret..."

AIn't that the truth. 

Life is too short for 95% of the stuff people worry and obsess over, most of which means NOTHING.

Have you ever looked at scenes from a city street from long ago, where crowds of people are walking on the sidewalk, just a normal street scene?

ALL those people in those long lost photos had worries and problems and concerns and hopes and dreams and ideas...and they are ALL GONE NOW. They are like us. WE will be gone too, and, just like that, it'll be over.

Valued Contributor

The movie "Harold and Maude".

It is a darkly humorous movie, but contains an incredible ammount of  beautiful advice and life lessons.

My two favorites are :

H&M are sitting in a huge field of daisies.  Maude asks "What is your favorite flower,Harold?"  He says "I don't know..(looks at the field) a daisy I guess"

"Really, why?"

"Because they're all the same."

Oh but they're NOT!!"  Some are tall, some are short, some lean left, some lean right, some are even missing some petals..... all KINDS of observable differences!   I think the problem with some people is that they

are THIS (holds a single daisy in front of his face)  yet they allow themselves to be treated as THAT..(waves her hand at the entire mass of daisies in the field).

At the end when she is dying and is being wheeled into the ER, Harold says "Maude, don't die!"  I love You!!"

She takes his hand and says "That's wonderful Harold!  Now go and love some more!"

Quite literally a movie that makes you laugh and cry.

Trusted Contributor

@781Florist wrote:

The movie "Harold and Maude".

It is a darkly humorous movie, but contains an incredible ammount of  beautiful advice and life lessons.

My two favorites are :

H&M are sitting in a huge field of daisies.  Maude asks "What is your favorite flower,Harold?"  He says "I don't know..(looks at the field) a daisy I guess"

"Really, why?"

"Because they're all the same."

Oh but they're NOT!!"  Some are tall, some are short, some lean left, some lean right, some are even missing some petals..... all KINDS of observable differences!   I think the problem with some people is that they

are THIS (holds a single daisy in front of his face)  yet they allow themselves to be treated as THAT..(waves her hand at the entire mass of daisies in the field).

At the end when she is dying and is being wheeled into the ER, Harold says "Maude, don't die!"  I love You!!"

She takes his hand and says "That's wonderful Harold!  Now go and love some more!"

Quite literally a movie that makes you laugh and cry.

An excellent choice! Fantastic movie.