Respected Contributor

Re: Will You Leave Stay At Home

[ Edited ]

i'm going to use my common sense! due to 2 cases popping up in the environs (returnees from Italy skiing trip),  i felt nervous in a movie theater and stopped going in early March, way before Cali governor told me to stay home. 

Cali has 40 million citizens - and 590+ deaths sadly.  i can draw my own conclusions.  

i really do want normalcy again at grocery stores - to me public reaction (hoarding in particular) to this has been harder to deal with than isolation.  when people settle down i will figure it is safe to resume normal life.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

People need to educate themselves and wake up!  Being trapped in our homes is way scarier than this "virus,"  Fear mongering and social shaming out of control.  

Respected Contributor

@Lattelvr wrote:

People need to educate themselves and wake up!  Being trapped in our homes is way scarier than this "virus,"  Fear mongering and social shaming out of control.  

Since you deny fear and have understanding of the virus and it's implications, why not do the charitable thing and provide services to those around you who are not as enlightnened?

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Honored Contributor

@Lattelvr wrote:

I don't feel "trapped in" my home, I feel safer.  

Honored Contributor

@Lattelvr wrote:

@Lattelvr 

And where did you obtain your education on this?

Please share!

Esteemed Contributor

@Lattelvr - I don't personally feel "trapped" with our stay at home order. However, I do feel I am reducing my chance to contract this virus if I am out and about. And, with everything being closed, there really is no where to go which is the point of the order.

And, since so many people here are not following social distancing, I would much rather be home.

I live in a tourism state and the last thing anyone here wants are people coming from those areas that have been hit hard with the virus. 

Stay home and stay healthy.

Respected Contributor

I think we will get an update on Wednesday from that U of Washington bunch which will show projections of further waves of the virus.  I intend to give that a good look see.  No sense in more deaths and dangers to our health workers.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@pitdakota wrote:

@dooBdoo @Porcelain 

One thing I would encourage you to do is try and review the Vanderbilt University webpages occasionally.  They have a master's in public health degree and a medical school.  While some of their information will be tailored to what they are doing at Vanderbilt, they may very well profile different interviews or publications that facutly have published or interviews some of them might have given:

https://medschool.vanderbilt.edu/mph/ 

https://www.vanderbilt.edu/coronavirus/ 

You may be able to glean an idea of some things going on by keeping up with those sites.

You could also go directly to the states public health department website and see what they are posting, saying there.

https://www.tn.gov/health/cedep/ncov.html 

Sorry I can't offer more help than that.  But remember...we are in this together.  Heart

What a helpful and lovely response @pitdakota. I bookmarked these. Hopefully it won't be too long until I can delete them. Gotta have hope. Vandy is such an amazing resource for this state. Heart

@dooBdoo I'm with you sister. We have to look out for each other! Please @ me if you see any very important TN COVID news and I'll do the same for you. Heart

https://www.tn.gov/health/cedep/ncov.html  Like pitdakota says, this has the daily stats by county. I wish the chart seemed more confident about the most recent numbers. But this is at least good basic information. 

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@dooBdoo   @Porcelain 

East of you in North Carolina - here the NCDPH is posting regular updates.  According to one of the planning models, NC may see peak hospital utilization in 5 - 6 days, Tenn. is predicted to peak in 9 days.  You could look at our updates, and figure they would likely be relevant to you in 4 to 5 days.  

We were slower to start, but now our curve is quickly rising.

Not the best best way to get information for you, I know. Shameful. 😔 

@pitdakota 

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@dooBdoo   @Porcelain 

East of you in North Carolina - here the NCDPH is posting regular updates.  According to one of the planning models, NC may see peak hospital utilization in 5 - 6 days, Tenn. is predicted to peak in 9 days.  You could look at our updates, and figure they would likely be relevant to you in 4 to 5 days.  

Not the best best way to get information.  Shameful. 😔 

@pitdakota 

Aw thank you, @Drythe. You're always there for people. I am copying this into my notepad so I can remember the part about 4 to 5 days.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr