Respected Contributor

Re: Will You Celebrate Mother's Day?

Tonight Dh is making steak on the grill for me. I don't eat red meat like I used to, so this will be a treat for me.  Going on a trail ride tomorrow morning with friends. Later in the afternoon older son will stop by with a small gift even tho I always tell him not to spend money on me.  Younger son visited last week but he'll call before he goes in for the overnight shift. 

Hope everyone has a wonderful Mother's Day! 

Respected Contributor

Yes, we will be celebrating. My daughters took us to see a play in Boston last night. We went out for breakfast this morning. I received an Edible Arrangement, we are going to a nursery to pick out some plants. We are also celebrating my daughters birthday this weekend. Busy Mother’s Day and I love being with my family. Sent my mom a card, Flowers and will give her a call tomorrow.
Respected Contributor

I'm going to my daughter's house after church tomorrow for lunch and then take flowers to my mom's grave.  I really miss my mom, she was 88 yo in a nursing home when Covid took her away from us in 2020. 

Honored Contributor

@qvcaddition wrote:

I was going to go to a nice brunch with two sons, but Monday came down with covid symptons.  I tested positive and could not believe it.  Have all the vaccines, last one in Dec 2022.

I still wear mask when I go out shopping because of my age.  I live alone, and not much contact with people, except grocery shopping.

Not many wearing mask anymore.

Had a Dr. Appt.  last Wed.  And no one required mask anymore.  Dr.  and staff did, but somehow I caught it there in clinic.

This is the first time.  Seems mild.  Tired and achey.

So, I was so looking forward  to brunch, but not to be.

My taste buds are not working.  

@qvcaddition    I have a couple of conditions that make me vulnerable to disease.  Just this week, my doctor advised me to keep wearing a mask in public places.  I, too, have little outside contact with people.  Haven't been in a grocery store since 2019, and don't plan on going again.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

@deepwaterdotter 

I'll be doing the same as you....

Trusted Contributor

I know it sounds corny, and maybe even phony, but I celebrate every day. Like, "Wow, I woke up! Woo-hoo!"

My mom would be 110 this year, but has been a long time gone. I used to think often of one of the ways our relationship was painful, and feel bad or sad or even angry.  Now, when she pops up in my head, I just say thanks for everything you got right, mom, and good bye. So these days, I think of her less often, but with a good, warm feeling.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Happy Mother's day to all the Moms here. Mine is gone a long time think of her advice.

@Kachina624   read your previous post just  like to say ,

Happy Mother's day to you today you are still a Mother to your Dogs and your Son no matter what and  always a Mom forever so just remember that, take care today have a nice day and a cool favorite beverage today and a good lunch,take care.

Trusted Contributor

May be an image of heart and text that says 'SENDING LOVE TO EVERYONE ON MOTHERS DAY MOMS MOMS-TO-BE MOMS TRYING TO CONCEIVE STEP MOMS MOMS WHO HAVE LOST A CHILD THOSE WHO HAVE LOST THEIR MOMS 大大大大 THOSE WHO FOR THOSE WITH STAND IN AS PAINFUL MOM MOMS RELATIONSHIPS MOM THOSE WITH 2 MOMS THOSE LEARNING TO FORGIVE THEIR MOM FOR THOSE WITH LOVING MOM RELATIONSHIPS 00 THOSE WAITING TO BE FORGIVEN BY MOM'

Regular Contributor

Your message is full of gratitude and I am touched by your story. Thank you for sharing and I send you best wishes for a nice day.

Honored Contributor

@Ttownlady wrote:

Happy Mother's day to all the Moms here. Mine is gone a long time think of her advice.

@Kachina624   read your previous post just  like to say ,

Happy Mother's day to you today you are still a Mother to your Dogs and your Son no matter what and  always a Mom forever so just remember that, take care today have a nice day and a cool favorite beverage today and a good lunch,take care.

@Ttownlady    Thank you so much for your kind words, and the same to you also.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment