Honored Contributor

Re: Will You Celebrate Mother's Day?

Yes.  Unfortunately, our DDIL has to work but the rest of us are meeting for a late lunch. DD took care of making the reservation.  She chose one of our favorite places that offers keto options.  Looking forward to being with our kids and their kids.  ❤️

Honored Contributor

Tomorrow night, going out with my mom and some siblings.  Sunday will be a typical Sunday, but will talk by phone or zoom with my kids who live far away. 

Esteemed Contributor

No, I stopped years ago. It just makes me sad. I will not even attend services on that day. My grandmother who I was extremely close to passed  years ago and my mother died before my grandmother at the age of 35. 

I do think of both of them on that day and my brother who lives a lot closer to the cemetery where they are both buried, will probably go and put down flowers.

I will wish my dear SIL and some close friends a Happy Mothers Day.

Honored Contributor

No, Mothers Day is on Sunday, and my mothers birthday is Saturday.  She has been gone for 42 years.

My children all work on Sundays.  I am sure they will visit another day to celebrate.

It's just another day to me.

Trusted Contributor

Both our moms are gone, we have no human children, and the 13 cats don't cook. . . no celebration here. 

Critter Lover! (especially cats!)
Occasional Contributor

But I celebrate you for rescuing cats. Thank you for adding love and safety to their lives. 🐈‍⬛ 💕 

Respected Contributor

We will not celebrate.

But we will remember our mothers and remember being a mother. 

Honored Contributor

To me, as an adult, it will be just another Sunday in May.   My daughters will do something for me; they are very thoughtful, but it is not expected.  We do not actually have a celebration.  

I have always acknowledged my mother and will continue my usual this year altho she does not know my name and hasn't known I'm her daughter for more than a year.  She is so far into dementia, she does not connect to holidays at all.  Taking a picture with her is like standing beside a road sign; her face is totally blank, and there's no light in her eyes.

I am proud to be the mother of 2 amazing young women who are doing good things in this world, but they were made to understand my feelings about Mothers Day years ago.  If they don't respect and treat me right 364 days a year, they DO NOT show up on Mothers Day with a Hallmark card and any other gift and think it makes things right.  

Esteemed Contributor

Nope, both of our moms are gone and we have no  kids other than fur kids so unless the kitties are planning something it's just another day.

Respected Contributor

We are having brunch at the clubhouse were my sister lives, she never was able to have children but she was like a second mom to my children.  My youngest daughter will fly in Sunday morning.  My sister lost her husband last October, her stepson will also join us.

My mom has been gone for 23 years, I haven't been good about visiting her grave I need to do better.