Honored Contributor

Re: Will We Feel Different When?

A poster commented that the virus is not as contagious as was believed earlier. I'm not all sure that that is true.

As for how I will feel after this is all over? It will be weird for a while, but humans, either fortunately or unfortunately, have short historical memories. That's one of the reasons that we make the darn mistakes again and again and again.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

It already feels like a nightmare I need to wake up from.

@Nightowlz This is how I feel.  ...and I pray everyday that family & friends all stay well!

Honored Contributor

(thread title)

@KarenQVC 

Not sure of the specificity of your question. I will give a general answer that applies, maybe, only to me. Having faced life/death medical issues, what I learned reinforced my way of living prior to those health events. That being "living in the present, not the past or the future".  That said, no I will not feel different.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@Biftu wrote:

Thanks only to many governors who have been left to take charge, and most are doing a great job. 

@Biftu 

I do not see it that way.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@PamfromCT 

Disagree with a lot of you post.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@PamfromCT 

hckynut

@hckynut, it's fine to disagree. So I will say that I disagree with your disagreement.

Smiley Tongue

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@hckynut wrote:

@PamfromCT 

hckynut

@hckynut, it's fine to disagree. So I will say that I disagree with your disagreement.

Smiley Tongue

@hckynut, You have every right to your opinion.  Just like I have a right to mine.  You do have to realize, John, that you are not the only person who has gone through bad times and emerged whole.  I give you credit for that, but you never know what others have gone through and learned.  Think about it.

Trusted Contributor

@Alison Wonderland wrote:

@KarenQVC wrote:

the virus starts to take big tolls.

Now I feel like I am waiting for an asteroid to hit the world.  When the big numbers hit and all the hospitals are full, I think I will feel this is not the country I have lived in until now.

It already has been. Italy has been reporting hundreds of people dying every day for some time now. Over 2000 people died in 2 days. They had nearly 800 people die in 24 hours on Sunday.

They're letting the elderly die, and they admit they didn't act sooner because they feared they'd be called racists.  

Read it! New England Journal of Medicine—May 21, 2020
Universal Masking in Hospitals in the Covid-19 Era

“We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection.
Trusted Contributor

@Biftu wrote:

@Silver Lining wrote:

I think great strides are being made here in the USA to contain the virus and treat those who are already infected.

Thanks only to many governors who have been left to take charge, and most are doing a great job. 

No, the feds pushed the treatments and pursuits for vaccines.  Thanks for the laugh though.

“We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection.
Trusted Contributor

@meem120 wrote:

Well, they just showed the make shift morgues in NYC and the refrigerator trucks.  That was pretty sobering.

The city and immediate area has a population of 15+ million.  This is to be expected.