Esteemed Contributor

Re: Will Life Ever Be the Same

@Drythe wrote:

@I am still oxox  

We like to believe that we "know" what tomorrow will bring, but in

reality we do not; thinking that we do gives a sense of security.  We make plans, have expectations, and dreams because we are humans who have hope, that's what we do, how we live, and move forward.  But we are not given a certain number of days, nor is what will happen tomorrow ever a sure thing.  

I think we will not be the same, but I have great hope that 
most will be fine, the sun will shine, we will eat together, we will laugh, and travel, and visit again.

But, I think it will be different.

dry the, it's good to see your post tonight.  I hope that things are going fine with you.  

Respected Contributor

@cherry  THANK YOU for your post.  You have shared  beautiful and encouraging words and given wonderful advice.  You have helped several of us on these boards, I'm sure.

HeartHeartHeart

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Respected Contributor

What a great question.  Each generation has had to face their own devastating events:  Wars, more wars, near wars, plagues, HIV, polio, measles, TB, influenzas, the Depression, banks folding, fortunes lost, loss of loved ones.   All crippling in different ways.  

This isn't the first instance where social distancing is a prerequisite for survival.  There have been plagues before and possibly  in the future.  Perhaps our carelessness with the planet may have released viruses never seen before, hopefully mankind will wake up and take responsibility for these shortcomings and wise up.  One can only hope that life will not be the same again, but better than it was before because humanity needs to learn to make it better.

The temporary loss of socializing, parties, sports is something we can just be adults about and be grateful if we can stay well and rebuild.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
QVC Customer Care

Esteemed Contributor

@I am still oxox This is a difficult time for all of us. Watching the news everyday is depressing and scary, not to mention the isolation is getting to a lot of people. The feelings you are having are normal, and shared by many.

We will all get through it by creating a new normal. Hang in there, and keep posting your thoughts, and feelings, so we can all help each other. 

Honored Contributor

I was just reading about the delicious dinner of wings and salad you enjoyed this evening.  It sounded delicious.  What a treat to share a good meal, and you posted that you were able to order out tonight too.  Hope you can sit back and relax with some good music or a good book.  Wishing you a better tomorrow.

Valued Contributor

@ cherry - That was a beautiful and upifting post.  Thank you!

Esteemed Contributor

Life may never be the same but it could be better!  Just look at the acts of courage happening all around us,  The volunteers delivering food, helping the homeless, providing in home health care to shut ins, truck drivers delivering  essentials and food to our grocery stores, the list goes on and on.  People helping people!  It gives me hope for the future.  The American spirit will prevail.  

Occasional Contributor

No life won't be the same hopefully it will be better.  My husband and I are retired so we are used to being home.  After this is over we will do things that we have been putting off.  Keep in touch with our family and friends.  Be thankful for what we have.  This to shall pass.  I pray everyday andI know we will get through this.

::

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think it will, in time, actually. Things still tend to return to the mean.