Honored Contributor

Re: Will Bob Saget's case be reopend?

@occasionalrain wrote:

As I recall, the autopsy included that his body also had abrasions of some sort, along with fractures on the back, side and front of his skull. They're may have been blood on the headboard which led to the assumption that he hit his head on it, but what was found in the room hasn't been made public.

@occasionalrain  

Your "recall" is not proof of abasions (of some sort is vague) being found on his body. 

"The autopsy, though, found no injuries to other parts of Mr. Saget’s body, as would be expected in a lengthier fall. The medical examiner ruled that the death was accidental. The local sheriff’s office had previously said there were no signs of foul play."

Source:  NYT (one of many)

Also a blow to the back of the head, in the right spot, can send fractures throughout the rest of the skull, leaving Saget possibly confused and not aware of how serious his injuries were. This has been published several times regarding head trauma.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

This is not uncommon. He may have fallen and hit his head and not thought much about it. A friend of mine went to a wine tasting and fell on his way home hitting his head. He did have a bad headache next day & sought care never thinking he would be having brain surgery for a sub dural hematoma but he did & survived. Everyone doesn’t seek help after a fall or hitting their head, but, go to sleep instead and pass away. Everyone doesn’t get a headache either.
Respected Contributor

@jellyBEAN wrote:

My guess or intuition about this is he took a fall in the shower.  Clobbered his head in just the right spot and it being late in the evening, just went to bed and see how he felt in the morning, however, in his case, he never awoke the next morning.

I worked with a woman whose husband had come home late at night and opened the garage door, banged his head and was dead the next day.  How traumatic!!  But these things I think are probably more common than people realize.  You just have to hit your head in a particular spot and your a goner.

I remember the comedian Sam Kinnisson had been in an auto accident and hurt, but he was up and seemed to be talking as if everything was OK, and then he died that night or the next day.  (20 years ago or so)

Sad tragedy.

@jellyBEAN Sam Kinnisson's head smashed into the windshield of his car as he was not wearing a seat belt.  He was pronounced dead on the scene.

Honored Contributor

When neurosurgeons including Dr. Britz who was  interviewed by a NYT's reporter have suspicions with valid reasons to support them,  it's not a "conspiracy" to be mocked by those with no medical credentials.

Esteemed Contributor

NO

Honored Contributor

I read today that most pathologists are saying his injury was probably not caused by a simple fall. The force of the blow was a lot stronger.

The hotel probably has security cameras everywhere, and I'm sure they went over the footage carefully. 

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

I read today that most pathologists are saying his injury was probably not caused by a simple fall. The force of the blow was a lot stronger.

The hotel probably has security cameras everywhere, and I'm sure they went over the footage carefully. 

That's probably the reason the family went to court. They want to prevent the public finding out who he let into his room. The sheriff has said that the case is still open.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

They know no one entered Saget's room after he did at 2:20 a.m.  He had to have been up at 3:42 a.m. because he made a Twitter post.

From a Yahoo story:  Authorities believe he hit his head on a portion of his headboard that was wood.  He quickly lost consciousness.  He was already in bed and passed away. 

ER doctors and concussion experts have said this isn't uncommon and happens more than people realize.  People hit their head and think they can just sleep it off or that it's not a big deal.  They go to sleep and pass away. 

Why would his family want all of the photos, reports, etc. released?  To satisfy the morbid curiousity of the public?  If they are satisfied that there is no foul play and the authorities have said there is no foul play, that is all that should matter.  The public needs to move on and get their jollies somewhere else.  

Trusted Contributor

If a doctor told me my relative bumped his head and bled that's one thing. If he said he bumped his head and cracked his skull  in 3 or 4 areas, unless he had a bad grand mal seizure, I would request a second autopsy

Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

When neurosurgeons including Dr. Britz who was  interviewed by a NYT's reporter have suspicions with valid reasons to support them,  it's not a "conspiracy" to be mocked by those with no medical credentials.

@occasionalrain   Dr. Brtiz did not say he was "suspicious".  He only concluded, in his opinion, that the trauma was something he would find if a baseball bat had been used or if the deceased fell from a significant height.

He never said that those two scenarios were more the likely cause of death.

I never said the baseball bat and the fall was a "conspiracy".  I have only said that those scenarios were "opinions" and not a factual basis to change the autopsy results.

Since he didn't fall-somebody would have had to carry him to his room.

Since we have no video of somebody lurking in the hall or any reports of a distrubance coming from his room, it is all still specualtion and opinion.

If another investigation proves his death was not accidental, then we have a basis for an informed discussion.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh