Respected Contributor

Wild Fires again in Southern California

High winds have flamed wild fires in the Ventura County area north of Los Angeles (In the Santa Paula area).  Homes destroyed and residents evacuated.  The fires started on Monday.  Please say prayers for the victims.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Wild Fires again in Southern California

Terrible news.  I remember so many horrible fires during the forty years I lived in the San Fernando Valley. God Bless the victims of this newest fire as well as the people in harms way and all of the fire fighters who are working so hard to put out the flames.  

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

It almost sickens me to watch this fire and those trying to fight it.  How terrifying it must be.  It's so fast-moving, and then there are the wind shifts.  Blessings to all those in the path of this devastation.  And prayers also for the firefighters.

Respected Contributor

we are in the midst of a serious onset of Santa Ana's - and still have had no rain although the rainy season started officially in October.  fire danger is very high everywhere - and of course we have problems at times like these with "fire bugs" who are drawn to crime at times like these.  prayers up!

Honored Contributor

I saw that this morning.  The Thomas fire. 

We need to pause and reflect how lucky we are when fires/floods/hurricanes/etc. are not affecting our area.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@ms traditional wrote:

we are in the midst of a serious onset of Santa Ana's - and still have had no rain although the rainy season started officially in October.  fire danger is very high everywhere - and of course we have problems at times like these with "fire bugs" who are drawn to crime at times like these.  prayers up!

@ms traditional

I used to live in Orange County and I can't tell you how much I hated those Santa Ana winds.  Besides making it difficult for firefighters they were hot, dirty and I always got nose bleeds.

Honored Contributor

@DiAnne wrote:

@ms traditional wrote:

@ms traditional

I used to live in Orange County and I can't tell you how much I hated those Santa Ana winds.  Besides making it difficult for firefighters they were hot, dirty and I always got nose bleeds.

I would get the nose bleed gushers, too, and chapped lips despite a tube of chapstick.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I’m waiting to hear back from my son who is in that general area.

ETA:  His power was out last night.  Many of his coworkers and friends have been evacuated.  

Honored Contributor

@tansy wrote:

I’m waiting to hear back from my son who is in that general area.

ETA:  His power was out last night.  Many of his coworkers and friends have been evacuated.  

@tansy, keep us updated on your son.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.