Trusted Contributor

I have seen the presentations of various wig brands on both of the shopping channels,....Hairdo....Gabor....etc...and I just haven’t seen one that looks natural to me.  They all have the awkward part that make them look too obvious.  I think it would be fun to try one, but haven’t seen a believable one yet.  Anyone know of any other brands that look more natural?

Honored Contributor

As far as synthetic wigs go, I like Raquel Welch because their hairlines are the most realistic and their caps stay on well. I’ve also had good luck with Estetica. There are so many synthetic brands out there. Cysterwigs.com is a great resource with video reviews by every day people. They always seem to have 30% off their items and carry a good range of brands. 

I prefer human hair wigs but they are very expensive so I only have a few of those. 

Respected Contributor

Agree. I hope I never need one! I’ve never known anyone who had to wear a wig.

Respected Contributor

Another fan of Raquel wigs here....the hairlines are amazing  and the colors are nicely done.

Honored Contributor

Speaking of Raquel, here's Taz demonstrating one of the popular lace front, mono part Raquel Welch wigs,  "Flirt Alert".

In wig parlance, "lace front" means that the front hairline is naturally rooted so it looks like the hair is growing directly from your scalp.  "Mono part" means that a part is put in that lets you see right through to the appearance of the wearer's scalp, so it looks like a natural part, not like sewn-in hair.

There are tons of different options in wigs, depending on budget and preference. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPMVKl2UjM8

Esteemed Contributor

@Mombo1 wrote:

I have seen the presentations of various wig brands on both of the shopping channels,....Hairdo....Gabor....etc...and I just haven’t seen one that looks natural to me.  They all have the awkward part that make them look too obvious.  I think it would be fun to try one, but haven’t seen a believable one yet.  Anyone know of any other brands that look more natural?

I was just thinking of posting this a few days ago. None of the wigs shown on QVC look natural or real. They're synthetic hair (like doll hair). That always gives an unnatrual look. I'm sure price has a lot to do with it, as human hair wigs cost double (but look real!). I wouldn't buy a wig off the Q. I tried twice and sent them back....they looked very wig-like. 

Honored Contributor

My friend has a wig made before she had chemo and it looks so much like her hair that you cannot tell the difference.  It is not synthetic but human hair.  

Honored Contributor

I watched the many wig shows on the various shopping channels and it drives me completely insane that the vendors don't know enough to carry a brush and comb to use on  the models who put the wigs on-----and the wigs look like CR*AP !!!!!!  I went thru chemo, lost all my hair and got 3 wigs to wear and they were absolutely the greatest things!!! You just need to put them on right and do to them what you would do to your own hair. I went to a local wig shop too, and the owner, helped me with the one I chose and would have even trimmed it for me. They looked 100% real !! got them in 3 shades of my normal color but got different dream styles. None of them were real human hair. My ins paid for the first one and thenI  went to the cancer center at the hospital and got the other two for free. I donated all of them back to the hospital. My advice---forget buying on TV and go have fun at a wig shop--it was really fun inspite of the reason I went there. The only thing is you can't return the wig to a shop as you can from buying it from TV.

Respected Contributor

I too was watching the Hairdo wig segment the other day. Nope, not a one of them look any where near real hair. They all looked fake, you could tell they were wigs. I'll have to check out the other brands that were suggested on this post. I'm one of those that believe if you are going to spend a large amount of money on a wig it better look real.