Honored Contributor

She will be going to see Sir Paul, her true love, in Concert tonight. Planned on going with her, but?  When we go together we always spend the night in the close by Marriott Hotel. Go around noon and check in, and walk the couple blocks to the Centurylink Center. Stay the night, and "whalla", no traffic to fight.

Her brother works for the Marriott, and got us a room for $39.95, his cost($150 rooms on that night). Anyways, my wife is doing he Pet Sitting Business/we now have Lily, our canine, therein lies the problem. She was rescued from an abusive home and we didn't want to leave her home alone.

Didn't realize this till after we had bought the tickets($110 each), so since she is in love with Sir Paul and I saw him a few years back here, I opted out to stay home with Lily. Her brother is also a HUGE Beatles Fan, so I gave him my ticket. My wife told her pet owners before she took the job that she would be going to be gone for about 4 hours, and they are fine with her leaving for a few hours.

Canceled the hotel room so they will have to handle the traffic. She said they might get a sandwich at the hotel till traffic slows down. He also works the kitchen, so he can make whatever they will eat, pay for them of course.

Great to see her get a break here. She has been gone almost this whole month Pet Sitting, and won't be done for a break until August 1st, my late mother's birthday(hi mom, miss and love you). Will be nice to have her home again for awhile.

Couldn't pass up hanging up this thread as it is a great night out for my wife to really enjoy herself. Have a ball, baby!

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

What a sweet post.  

I was laughing when you said Sir Paul is your wife's first love.  He was mine too, I guess, some 50 plus years ago.

Honored Contributor

@hckynut  You know what I like about you John?  You are not selfish and you often put your wife first.  Now, before you write back and say, well that's how marriage should be, yea spouses should put each other first and often don't.

I hope Cindy has a great time.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Blessings to you and your wife for rescuing innocent Lily.  I thank you, and hope your wife enjoys a night to remember.

Valued Contributor

You are a sweetheart, John.

Respected Contributor

Hi John,

What a wonderful post!

I am so happy that Cindy will be having her night on the town. You are such a sweetheart.

Give your fur babies a big hug from your fan in California.

henny

Esteemed Contributor

@hckynut, I hope that she has a fabulous night.  Thank you for rescuing Lily.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Trusted Contributor

@hckynut  You are one beautiful spouse, John.

I know Cindy and her brother will be beside themselves.Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I hope Cindy has a wonderful eveining. Such a sweet post.

Honored Contributor

I hope she has a great night!  I'm sure Lily will appreciate your staying home with her.  There's nothing like the love of a Rescue.  

Sir Paul was my first love, too.  I used to play dress up with a friend of mine, and I was married to Paul and she was married to George.Smiley LOL

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau