Honored Contributor

Widespread Quality Issues H260025 Set of 3 VPH Starry Night Hurricanes - Q Response?

I ordered 2 sets of this item. One set is in good condition

2nd set -one of the light packs isn't working. Initially it was working and then just stopped. I changed the batteries, still not working 

I started to read the many pages of reviews from customers with similar issues - appears almost half of the reviews are stating same problem.

Resolutions are all over the place. But it seems like this is a very widespread issue - maybe 30% or more orders affected. Surprised that Q did not reach out to all customers with a warning to APOLOGIZE and to ask customers to check for defective light packs nor does it appear there is a consistent resolution.

Who here has experienced quality issues with this item. What resolution did you receive? Sone customers report that Valerie sent them replacement light packs.

If you received a partial credit from Q, please share specifics - what is the specific $ credit.

Thank you! 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Trusted Contributor

Re: Widespread Quality Issues H260025 Set of 3 VPH Starry Night Hurricanes - Q Response?

I don't have these candles, but based on comments like yours, I canceled my wait list.

I  really don't want anymore battery operated things anyway, these just looked

so pretty and differerent from what I have. Not pretty enough to chance being on

wait list and possibly receiving someone else's defective return.

Sorry you had issues with your 2nd set.

Honored Contributor

Re: Widespread Quality Issues H260025 Set of 3 VPH Starry Night Hurricanes - Q Response?

@yellowrose wrote:

I don't have these candles, but based on comments like yours, I canceled my wait list.

I  really don't want anymore battery operated things anyway, these just looked

so pretty and differerent from what I have. Not pretty enough to chance being on

wait list and possibly receiving someone else's defective return.

Sorry you had issues with your 2nd set.

@yellowrose - the Hurricanes are stunning especially with the lights. The light packs are a critical aspect to this item. Q should be doing something proactive as a sign of good intent and customer service 

Any new shipments should have a reduced price or at least a note with a suggestion to test the packs asap and an offer of resolution.

Shameful if Q is not completely inspecting returns before shipping them out again to new customers. That's just not right! 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Esteemed Contributor

I rarely watch her shows because I don't want any more "stuff."  But awhile back, there were some VPH Christmas figures as a lunchtime special.  They were really inexpensive and cute, so I ordered two different styles.

They were total cr@p.  The paint job was so bad on them, as well as the glitter or whatever it was.  Paint spots were missed or it had chipped off. They looked so cheap, like something you would find at the bottom of a box at a dollar store.  I sent them back as defective and got a full refund.

Never again.  One and done for good.

I hope you get some resolution with your Hurricanes.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Trusted Contributor

@Chi-town girl   I ordered the Navy.  They are beautiful but one set of my lights did not work too.  I wrote to the Socialteam at the advice of Pecky and they issued me a 15$ credit,  which I accepted.  It was either that or send the whole set back and not have any because they are sold out.  I did just order a 3 pack set of fairy lights [made sure they twinkle]  Actually ordered them like 2 weeks ago and they just today arrived.  Really without the lights they are just glass hurricanes that I would not have ordered,  in my opinion the lights are what made them spectacular.

Honored Contributor

I didn't buy them but I found out last week that my dear friend who is very artistic bought 4 sets in various colors.  She had a plan or vision of how she'd use them in her livingroom and dining room.  She returned all 4 because 2 of the sets were defective, they didn't light  One set that was supposed to be gold was more beige than gold.  Only 1 set was perfect.  The Facebook group is full of disappointed and unhappy customers.  I think the factory made too many of them too fast and quality suffered.

Honored Contributor

@nada54 wrote:

@Chi-town girl   I ordered the Navy.  They are beautiful but one set of my lights did not work too.  I wrote to the Socialteam at the advice of Pecky and they issued me a 15$ credit,  which I accepted.  It was either that or send the whole set back and not have any because they are sold out.  I did just order a 3 pack set of fairy lights [made sure they twinkle]  Actually ordered them like 2 weeks ago and they just today arrived.  Really without the lights they are just glass hurricanes that I would not have ordered,  in my opinion the lights are what made them spectacular.

@nada54 - thank you for sharing

I want to make sure I'm understanding the resolution Q offered to you. You reported that 1 light pack is defective and Q issued you a $15 credit. 

I agree with you - the light packs are key to the item. It's not just a side note. 

I don't want to return my order and will need to find a replacement light pack. So far the other 5 light packs that I have are functioning. 

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

I didn't buy them but I found out last week that my dear friend who is very artistic bought 4 sets in various colors.  She had a plan or vision of how she'd use them in her livingroom and dining room.  She returned all 4 because 2 of the sets were defective, they didn't light  One set that was supposed to be gold was more beige than gold.  Only 1 set was perfect.  The Facebook group is full of disappointed and unhappy customers.  I think the factory made too many of them too fast and quality suffered.

@chrystaltree - thank you!

How in the world did this item pass quality inspection? I know they don't do 100% inspection, but a random inspection would have revealed the issue. Appears that someone at Q intentionally allowed inferior products to be shipped to thousands of customers 👎

Trusted Contributor

@Chi-town girl  What I was told by a buyer of goods that is often seen at home decor stores is that a percentage of items are pulled and if they pass, then all is good. We're talking a LOW percentage; 3% or so (if you're making hundreds or thousands it adds up) and the manufacturer knows when they're going to be inspected so they pull perfect ones. 

Now, this was prior to covid. She flew overseas to check out the items that are arriving now almost a year ago (as soon as restrictions were lifted). In her opinion, the need to get so many items out and to the seller means inspections were just waved or a few were checked. 

I've always had good luck with VPH items with a few rare exceptions. Fingers crossed this is just a fluke.

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Trusted Contributor

@Chi-town girl  Yes.  They issued me a 15$ credit for the one light pack that did not work.  I accepted and bought my own set ,  again made sure they were twinkle lights or it would not be the same to make sure they look like falling stars.