Honored Contributor

Re: Why would anyone want to wear a ring made of bronze?

On 6/4/2014 RibbonsRosesRainbows said:

NO I AM NOT saying anything is wrong with bronze and trying to be unkind it is just I am seeing a lot being sold and I wanted to know more about it......I guess it will last forever and a new way to wear color.....it is a good thread so don't make it mean.

Maybe some people are reacting to your wording, it sounds like you are questioning their choice.

Why wouldn't people wear it? Not many can afford (or want to spend the money on) a watch with a real solid gold or rose gold panther band, for example.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Super Contributor

Oh well

Honored Contributor

Because their spouse gave it to them?

Honored Contributor

It's cheap.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

On 6/4/2014 kachina624 said: It's cheap.

It's not cheap. It's not gold, but it's not cheap.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Valued Contributor

Bronze is the 19th year together anniversary gift...

I just bought bronze/MOP cuff links for this reason...

Fighting for them.( formerly EMTHeart)
https://www.facebook.com/ChicagoAnimalCareandControl/?hc_ref=ARQABXWGU0QxJ8S0etv9UWoAqEOZu1NXSKeSB0FeztlSRyGYWx17U1XqY_nz92D_IGQ

Esteemed Contributor

Maybe someone in their family whom they loved left it to them. It may have sentimental value.

Another answer - Why Not?

Did you change your nic again Rainbows and Roses?

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Esteemed Contributor

Hi RRR, I have seen bronze jewelry on HSN that the Barse vendor was selling. I haven't ordered any because I have more jewelry than I can wear and since my retirement I don't buy jewelry anymore. I will say that the bronze with turquoise is stunning and I was tempted but I was strong and didn't give in.

Hope you are feeling well. Remember you are number one so be good to yourself!!!

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Trusted Contributor

Because they like it?
Super Contributor

On 6/4/2014 chickenbutt said:

I've wondered why people would want to wear jewelry made of silver, or ANY metal that is plated over any other metal. But I have to try and not SEEM arrogant about it and realize that different people like different things. Plus, some people cannot afford fine jewelry. But they still like jewelry and if they find pieces that please them, more power!

Some things I like are things that others totally don't like. So, it's all the same. Live and let live.

Ita. Gold is out of reach for many, so designers are using other more affordable metals like brass and bronze or stainless steel.