Esteemed Contributor

Re: Why would anyone want to wear a ring made of bronze?

On 6/4/2014 RibbonsRosesRainbows said:
On 6/4/2014 Lindsays Grandma said:

Hi RRR, I have seen bronze jewelry on HSN that the Barse vendor was selling. I haven't ordered any because I have more jewelry than I can wear and since my retirement I don't buy jewelry anymore. I will say that the bronze with turquoise is stunning and I was tempted but I was strong and didn't give in.

Hope you are feeling well. Remember you are number one so be good to yourself!!!

Hello Lindsays Grandma......thank you.........same to you.......be good to yourself and you are also number one.........I was wondering if this bronze jewelry is a fad and how a person would clean it.......I guess with a brass cleaner? I have been noticing a lot of this jewelry lately and wondered why people were investing in bronze. I will check out the ring you are talking about. I won't be buying any jewelry but it is nice to see new pieces.

Hi RRR, Check out the Barse jewelry line on HSN. She has a lot of Bronze pieces and the one that caught my eye is item #343-567 and is called Catch the Wave. It is a large ring with an Abalone stone set in bronze priced at $39.90 with a flex pay of 3 pays at $13.30. Abalone is a beautiful stone and last night Judy Crowell on ShopHQ showed one ring with the stone and of course it was set in silver but it was, if I remember correctly, over $200.00. So far I have stayed strong but that ring keeps talking to me.LOL

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

On 6/6/2014 Lindsays Grandma said:
On 6/4/2014 RibbonsRosesRainbows said:
On 6/4/2014 Lindsays Grandma said:

Hi RRR, I have seen bronze jewelry on HSN that the Barse vendor was selling. I haven't ordered any because I have more jewelry than I can wear and since my retirement I don't buy jewelry anymore. I will say that the bronze with turquoise is stunning and I was tempted but I was strong and didn't give in.

Hope you are feeling well. Remember you are number one so be good to yourself!!!

Hello Lindsays Grandma......thank you.........same to you.......be good to yourself and you are also number one.........I was wondering if this bronze jewelry is a fad and how a person would clean it.......I guess with a brass cleaner? I have been noticing a lot of this jewelry lately and wondered why people were investing in bronze. I will check out the ring you are talking about. I won't be buying any jewelry but it is nice to see new pieces.

Hi RRR, Check out the Barse jewelry line on HSN. She has a lot of Bronze pieces and the one that caught my eye is item #343-567 and is called Catch the Wave. It is a large ring with an Abalone stone set in bronze priced at $39.90 with a flex pay of 3 pays at $13.30. Abalone is a beautiful stone and last night Judy Crowell on ShopHQ showed one ring with the stone and of course it was set in silver but it was, if I remember correctly, over $200.00. So far I have stayed strong but that ring keeps talking to me.LOL

Sorry about the second post, I thought the first one didn't go through.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

On 6/6/2014 blahblahvampemerblah said:
On 6/4/2014 kachina624 said:
On 6/4/2014 NoelSeven said:
On 6/4/2014 kachina624 said: It's cheap.

It's not cheap. It's not gold, but it's not cheap.

It's very cheap unless you buy it from a shopping channel that gives it a fancy name like Bronzo Italiano. The metal itself is next to worthless.
Should have replied here with a "ditto."

By that logic, the works of Picasso are cheap because most are made of nothing more than canvas and some paint.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices